Author Topic: Dr Julia Hoffman .. Friend Zone  (Read 948 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Dr Julia Hoffman .. Friend Zone
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
A fun little ditty i came across this a.m.

http://ghoulsonfilm.net/?p=970&cpage=1#comment-2038

"There comes a time in everyone’s life where you find yourself falling for a friend. You think that the bond you share can be escalated to a deeper, more romantic level. Sometimes, you get the fairy tale. Other times, you hear the magic words: “I don’t want to ruin our friendship.” That’s when your worst fears have been confirmed:

You’ve been banished to the dark recesses of a place known only as “The Friend Zone.”
Like many a smart lady, Dr. Hoffman didn’t count on falling in love with Barnabas. Even the most brilliant women in any field are inexplicably drawn towards these “bad boy” types and apparently, Julia’s kryptonite of choice happened to be suave Euro-vamps. "
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dr Julia Hoffman .. Friend Zone
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
I enjoyed that, thanks!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
Thanks for the link. And sadly for the fans who would have wanted otherwise, Julia definitely seemed doomed to "The Friend Zone" for as long as DS remained on the air...

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:06:34 PM »
I am in the team that says, if they would have consumated their love (because the old BAT loved her too, he just didn't know it!) it would have ruined the dynamics of the show.   

[spoiler]In 1840, Angelique/Valerie/Miranda found out about Dr. Hoffman and truly felt the love....so much so that she felt the most threatened by Julia she took action!  I believe that Julia was the only one who really threatened Angelique regarding Barnabas[/spoiler]

and a typical man, it took the schmuck about three years to realize that Julia was in love with him. 

but i also read somewhere (might have been here) that Grayson Hall played the "I love him angle" herself and wasn't directed.   She never ever uttered those words, and i do believe that [spoiler]Angelique was the first to call her on it, where the word love was even mentioned.[/spoiler]  i might well be mistaken on this, tho.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:56:56 PM »
Grayson definitely played the "I am in love with him" subtext because she like to have a background and motivation for her  characters.  This has been talke about many times and Julia99's biography confirmed it.  The writers picked up on it and ran with it.  Now that is an actress!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/