Author Topic: Re: Julia's Excuses - Revisited  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Julia's Excuses - Revisited
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
ulia evades with cryptic remarks that her books would only have been of interest to "scholars

I also love how Liz remarks something to the effect that Julia would be surprised at just how many and/or just what type of books Liz read in those 18 years she didn't leave Collinwood.  [ghost_grin]

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 04:40:46 AM »
I believe I read before (most likely from this forum), that those lines were originally intended for Barnabas, who could not appear in that particular episode, on account of Jonathan Frid being ill. Can anyone else confirm this?

That would definitely explain why GH didn't quite know her lines (she was probably called in at the last minute) and why Julia's behavior seemed out of character.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 05:07:59 AM »
I believe I read before (most likely from this forum), that those lines were originally intended for Barnabas, who could not appear in that particular episode, on account of Jonathan Frid being ill. Can anyone else confirm this?
Sara, you might have read it on a post of mine, in the Watching Project topic for the episode in which it occurred.  I was referring to a much earlier topic in which the suggestion was originally made - probably from when people were watching Dark Shadows on the SciFi network,  But later in that Watching Project topic I decided that probably the suggestion was incorrect, and the the lines were indeed originally intended for Julia.  I can't say for other people, however.

Discuss - Ep #0494

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »
And actually, many of us could spend days if not weeks listing our favorite Julia scenes. (perhaps someone should start that topic. Hint, hint...)

To quote Tara on True Blood. . you don't have to tell ME TWICE!. . . :: trotting off to start new Threat!::  [ghost_rolleyes]
Julia99