Author Topic: Petition to Urge SoapNet to Air DS  (Read 9331 times)

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Petition to Urge SoapNet to Air DS
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
 :) I agree with David and Jackie. I have all the DVD's now too but not everyone can afford them, (I couldn't til I got some unexpected money) and it would be good to have the show on every day so we can rally around one or two particular shows and discuss them. We do that on Jackie's DS good and bad group but this is a bigger forum. Also like someone said, it would draw new fans if it was on TV again. So I signed the petition and I hope everyone else will too.

Alondra

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 12:00:17 AM »
If indeed Shadowgram provides the information to contact NBC about getting DS on the Chiller network, I reccomend writing a physical letter instead of an email. It just seems that much more impressive that you spent the time to handwrite it and throw 39 cents at getting the message to them.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:42 AM »
Welcome, Alondra!  And please allow me to throw in a plug for the Coordinated Dark Shadows Watching Project.  I'd like to see it grow big and strong as fast as the Leviathan kid did.  We're watching episode 211 today, and 212 tomorrow.  Threads Mysteriously appear for discussing each episode.  General details are in the following link:

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2007, 06:18:11 AM »
:) I agree with David and Jackie. I have all the DVD's now too but not everyone can afford them, (I couldn't til I got some unexpected money) and it would be good to have the show on every day so we can rally around one or two particular shows and discuss them. We do that on Jackie's DS good and bad group but this is a bigger forum. Also like someone said, it would draw new fans if it was on TV again. So I signed the petition and I hope everyone else will too.

Hi Alondra!!!  Welcome!!  Check out the discussion on the episodes. They're starting with Willie's "misadventure"...  ;)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2007, 08:05:06 AM »
well make it 'Soapnet" i don't have the chiller network  :'( buuuut "Soapnet" I DO have.  ;D

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2007, 04:55:05 PM »
well make it 'Soapnet" i don't have the chiller network  :'( buuuut "Soapnet" I DO have.  ;D

The Chiller network won't debut until March 1, and from my understanding, will only be on DirecTV's lineup for now. They partnered with NBC/Universal to create it. I'd love for SoapNet to air it myself, and I did sign the petition. It only makes sense since ABC owns SoapNet, and DS was an ABC soap -- quite a successful one for them at the time!

David

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2007, 12:46:08 AM »
The petition seems stalled at the moment.
No new signers in the past 24 hours.
Up to 129, though

PLEASE, folks, sign again if you have more than one email,(but use a different name for multiple signs)
and tell your friends!
This can happen!!!!!

The last 2 signatures were in the names of Angelique
Bouchard & Roger Collins.
May I request that no one use a character name from DS when signing.
We want Soapnet to take the petition, and the show, seriously.

thanks.

David

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2007, 04:48:11 AM »
 ;D Thanks to Lydia and Jackie for the welcomes. I am gonna try to find time for this board every day, I've so far been having fun with the captions. I will try to watch the episode that's being watched every day along with the one we're doing on Jackie's group. It's great to have the DVD's so that I can see them all.

Alondra ;D

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2007, 05:27:12 AM »
;D Thanks to Lydia and Jackie for the welcomes. I am gonna try to find time for this board every day, I've so far been having fun with the captions. I will try to watch the episode that's being watched every day along with the one we're doing on Jackie's group. It's great to have the DVD's so that I can see them all.

Alondra, I'm thrilled that you decided to post.   [hello]  And so glad that you're enjoying yourself on Caption This!  I realize that it's been a while since you registered, but the Forum guidelines require that all newbies familiarize themselves with board rules, and the topic "The Rules And How To Add Captures/Captions/Comments To This Board" that's stickied to the Caption board is a biggie.  ;)

David

Stalled Again!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 06:24:15 AM »
Only 7 signers in 4 days!
Stuck at 136!!!!!

This won't get our show back on the air........

David

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2007, 08:13:36 PM »
There is now 144 signitures for Soap Net. There has got to be more of us out there.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
 ???I don't know why more people haven't signed. It went through all the yahoo groups and here, and I know there are more fans of DS than that. They sure aren't gonna reair it if only 144 people will watch. I signed it and I wouldn't watch it unless they started at the beginning since I have all the DVD's.

Alondra

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »
??? I don't know why more people haven't signed. It went through all the yahoo groups and here, and I know there are more fans of DS than that. They sure aren't gonna reair it if only 144 people will watch. I signed it and I wouldn't watch it unless they started at the beginning since I have all the DVD's.

It could be that people pretty much think it's a waste of time, and nothing will be done anyway. Still, it takes just a minute to sign, and if there's any hope of getting it back on the air, fans SHOULD be signing. I signed a while back. Hopefully, with a little nudging here and there, people will do it.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2007, 09:49:56 PM »
Maybe it's time for another link posting on Yahoogroups.  [scratch2] [happy1]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2007, 02:10:18 PM »
PLEASE, folks, sign again if you have more than one email,(but use a different name for multiple signs)
and tell your friends!
This can happen!!!!!
I am troubled by this.  With the greatest of respect, David, may I humbly suggest that encouraging people to sign more than once is not really a good idea, nor does in encourage the signers to take the petition seriously.

And a general question:  Who exactly owns DS these days with regard to broadcast/syndication rights?  Is the show even available to be broadcast if some station wanted to?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.