Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0263  (Read 1049 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0263
« on: March 28, 2007, 05:57:06 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0263
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
Vicky talks in the opening voiceover about a seagull going for a bit of food in the water and getting itself drowned.  Oh, yeah?  It's dramatic, but seagulls are more skillful than that.  Later on, we see a gull on a piling - or was it a tern?  Maybe it was all symbolic - the gull is said to die, but is actually still alive.  It seems utterly unlikely, but it would have been in keeping with the rest of the episode, whose main thrust was to reinforce the status quo:  Sam and Joe are pretending to the world that Maggie is dead.

There was a little bit of forward motion for Carolyn, who just isn't getting the desired results with her announced engagement to Buzz, and seems to be lookng for a better plan.  I can't help thinking that she isn't worth Liz's anguish, but that's mother love for you: unfailing in even the worst of circumstances.  It would be fun to see Liz and Mrs. Johnson sit down for a nice heart-to-heart chat about the trials and tribulations of motherhood, but I believe Harry had not yet been invented at this point.

If I were Vicky, I'd be tempted to ask Sam if I could arrange a small memorial service for Maggie.  I don't know how Sam would manage to wiggle out of that one.  Maybe he'd tell Vicky to talk to Joe about it, and make a quick phone call to Joe as soon as Vicky was out the door:  "Now what?"  If I were Vicky, I'd also have brought some sort of flowers or food to Sam - but maybe she did that at some later time.

At the end, when Sam and Joe were re-emphasizing that they must not tell anybody that Maggie is alive, I expected them to burst into a lively and heartfelt operatic duet on the subject.  It seemed like the only possible conclusion to the scene, and I wouldn't be surprised if Joel Crothers had a half-decent voice.  I don't think David Ford did, however, since his one little snippet of singing in 1776 was obviously dubbed.  So it was probably a good thing that they didn't try the duet.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:32:44 PM »
Apparently Buzz and Carolyn are still together at this point, since she's going out to meet him.

Boy Carolyn sure gave Vicki a hard time in this episode. Carolyn took it as a betrayal that Vicki agree to be Elizabeth's witness at her wedding....gee if Roger and David decided to go to the wedding would she have turned on them too?

I loved the scenes between Carolyn and Joe though, and Vicki and Sam. How hard it is for the both of them to have to keep quite about Maggie being alive. You see Sam really wanted to tell Vicki the truth, but fortunately he didn't. Joe was right, no matter how trustworthy Vicki and Carolyn were (well perhaps Vicki a little more than Carolyn right now), they could not take a chance that the maniac (Barnabas) might somehow catch wind of it and go after Maggie.

Great episode and great acting from everyone.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:26:59 AM »
Be sure to check out these (hopefully  ;)) humorous topics related to this episode:

From "Caption This!":

From "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)":

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »
Good show, Interesting that another girl had been attacked.  ;)

Nice forshadowing or Carolyn saying that she might be a victim, she had a dream. Maybe Vickie should have told Carolyn later about the wedding. But then it is hard to say.

Good Acting to all.  Nancy can do a brat really good.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:47:29 AM »
I loved the outdoor scene of the seagull! [cheesyg]  It's too bad there weren't more outdoor scenes (real ones, that is). [sadg]

Poor Sam was
THIS CLOSE to telling Vicki that Maggie was alive.  I'm glad he didn't, because Barnabas would surely have found out.

Carolyn showed her soft side with Joe.  It's too bad Vicki and Carolyn's "sister moments" didn't last very long.  They seem more like sisters than friends - and I do believe they really were sisters. [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
Forgive me for reaching this far back but I had to mention that Joel Crothers' scene with NB was so awesome. I don't think he's ever done a better job than he did in this scene - maybe equaled - but never better. His delivery was perfectly understated.  It was such a pleasure to watch.