Author Topic: The return to 1971 and Angelique  (Read 1640 times)

IluvBarnabas

The return to 1971 and Angelique
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:34:49 AM »
Something just occured to me.....

[spoiler]Suppose Angelique hadn't died from Trask's bullet? Suppose she survived...and since Barnabas proclaimed that she was his "one true love" (snicker, snicker) would he have brought her back to 1971 along with him, Julia and Stokes, or would the two of them have stayed behind in 1840 to live out their lives....and supposing Angelique agreed to go to the future with him.....what about Roger? Wouldn't he have recognized her as Cassandra (despite the different hair color? Wouldn't Elizabeth, Carolyn or David too for that matter?[/spoiler]

Just something to think about.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re: The return to 1971 and Angelique
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »
Well, being as smart as she is (no snicker) and because she truly loved Barnabas, I'm sure she could have come up with anything that would have worked on everybody (snicker snicker).  Oh yeah, I'm sure Barnabas would have eaten it up with silver spoon.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:35:48 PM »
[spoiler]what about Roger? Wouldn't he have recognized her as Cassandra (despite the different hair color? Wouldn't Elizabeth, Carolyn or David too for that matter?[/spoiler]

Well, Liz and Carolyn [spoiler]didn't recognize Angelique as Cassandra when they stayed at Little Windwood Island during Leviathans.[/spoiler]Who knows if Roger or David would? One would certainly suspect that David would as he was always very perceptive. Roger, on the other hand, seemed to always be fairly dense. But knowing Ang, even if she was recognized, she'd have some way to work around it.  [wink2]

[spoiler]Actually though, Louis Edmonds was seriously considering leaving DS, and according to Sam Hall, the plan was for Roger to discover that Barnabas was a vampire and for Ang to kill him while Rog was attempting to stake Barn.[/spoiler]And if things had actually played out that way, it most probably wouldn't have mattered one way or the other if Rog had recognized Ang...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »
Who knows if Roger or David would? One would certainly suspect that David would as he was always very perceptive.

Yes!  And if we go by what occurred in 1897 when [spoiler]Jamison became David under Petofi's spell, he recognized Angelique the moment he laid eyes on her.  There was no "you look like someone I knew"; it was "[you're] Cassandra!" and "I didn't know she was coming back."[/spoiler]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 07:13:17 PM »
i seem to remember liz doing alot of her patented hand-wringing while staying at little windwood island.

she felt that mrs.rumson somehow "looked familiar" but she couldn't place her.carolyn drew a complete blank.

which is really funny because besides the hair angelique looked and acted exactly the same. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 07:28:44 PM »
which is really funny because besides the hair angelique looked and acted exactly the same. ::)

And their handwriting was identical, too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »
i just realized my previous post was my one thousandth.

i don't know what took me so long. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »
i just realized my previous post was my one thousandth.

Congrats!  [clap]  [thumbleft]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »
Yay, mscbryk!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 07:53:04 PM »
And once again Midnite and I speak with but one mind independent of each other and basically at the same time.  [b003]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 04:32:48 AM »
I think that Angelique would have returned with the rest of the group and become some part of the modern day Collins family.

And I would've loved to see that whole thing play out if Louis Edmonds actually left! That would've been one hell of a story!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 05:03:31 AM »

[spoiler]Suppose Angelique hadn't died from Trask's bullet? Suppose she survived...and since Barnabas proclaimed that she was his "one true love" (snicker, snicker) would he have brought her back to 1971 along with him, Julia and Stokes, or would the two of them have stayed behind in 1840 to live out their lives....and supposing Angelique agreed to go to the future with him.....what about Roger? Wouldn't he have recognized her as Cassandra (despite the different hair color? Wouldn't Elizabeth, Carolyn or David too for that matter?[/spoiler]

I'm sure anybody who has seen any of my posts know that I've thought quite a bit about that scenario.  I've since written one "novella" and one full length novel explaining "what happened next."  Now I'm well into my second novel and just having a great time seeing what unfolds! 

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 03:09:17 AM »

I have a question about Angelique in the Leviathan storyline. [spoiler]She left Sky and then Barnabas murdered Sky, and made it look like a suicide. Angelique came to the Old House and I assume she was staying there. During this time she put that spell on Maggie and Quentin because of her jealousy over Barnabas so we see she has not changed, she still wants Barnabas.[/spoiler]

After Barnabas returned from parallel time, and 1995 where was she? We assume she'd left the Old House and was now living somewhere else. She is not seen in the summer of '70 storyline, and in 1840 she has not been to the present, she is the 1795 Angelique. When [spoiler]Barnabas declares his love for her at the end of that storyline and she dies, he returns to the present.[/spoiler] It's possible that he decided to seek out the Angelique he did know. However I am one of the Barnabas and Julia shippers, and I would rather not see Julia's heart be broken yet again.

Alondra