Author Topic: Oink! Oink!  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Oink! Oink!
« on: February 28, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »
Happy Cheap Insufferable Pig Day, everyone!

G. (who will quietly celebrate, alone, his very own festival of Jeb's Delicious Secret Personal Naga Day)

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Oink! Oink!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »
     I am so upset.  I just clicked on that stupid pig and got a huge cure award.  I am going out to the store right this minute and buying the biggest bag of pork rinds I can find.  If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.
     Happy CIP Day!
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »
Yeah the cures are much greater in number than the curses. Now I have way more cures than curses darn it. :-[ :-

Alondra

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:34:10 PM »
I quess you can look at the good side of the cures.  Just think that everying that happens in Collinwood, you need the cures to battle all kinds of monster. Isn't that pollyanna like.  ???

PS the pig is in the way when I'm trying to post.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »
G. (who will quietly celebrate, alone, his very own festival of Jeb's Delicious Secret Personal Naga Day)

I am going out to the store right this minute and buying the biggest bag of pork rinds I can find.  If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

[stfl]  Well, we all have to celebrate in our own ways.  >:D

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 06:05:17 PM »
I just got away with calling Jeb a cheap, insufferable pig! Hurray! [clap] [crowdhappy]

Yes, I have noticed there are more cures than curses....ah well, at least I got to a curse at least once.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »
Yeah the cures are much greater in number than the curses.

Yes, I have noticed there are more cures than curses

Are you sure about that?  ;)  It might be the case that some people have received more cures than curses, or that the cures they've received have been of a greater amount than the curses - but it hasn't been that way for everyone.

The truth is that the system generates a floatie, its amount and whether or not it's a cure or a curse completely randomly. Of the 1634 floaties generated so far since 7pm ET / 4pm PT yesterday, only 432 have actually been caught. And it's purely random chance what someone ends up with. Or perhaps it is actually their Karma.  :D  I suppose it all depends if one believes in such things as Karma or not.  [wink2]

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 03:17:32 AM »
Waaaah! I missed it all! Didn't go online till 6 pm and then the pigs were gone! I wanted to slice some bacon!!! [angry1] [idontknow] [sad5]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 05:51:21 AM »
Maybe there are the same number of cures as there are curses BUT the minus and pluses do not add up.  The cures each had over 1000's of points and the curses were in the 100's.  Can't win with those odds. ;)

And the more times I play [yes I'm a sucker for a fun game], the more cures I earn.  I'd like some of those cures when I have my operation in 2 weeks... real cures that is.   :)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 06:12:21 AM »
Maybe there are the same number of cures as there are curses BUT the minus and pluses do not add up.  The cures each had over 1000's of points and the curses were in the 100's.  Can't win with those odds.

Perhaps that's the way it worked out for you, but there are people who would disagree with you. Here are a handful:

Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1885     EmeraldRose
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1905     loril54
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1542     artist07
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1400     MsCriseyde
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1881     AlondraLovesWillie
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1849     FireRose
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1680     DarkShadowyFigure

And several of those people were awarded multiple curses that were well over a thousand.

As I said, it's all pure chance. Or is it Karma?  ;)

Unfortunately, no one was able to catch the largest curses amount of -1999 (which was generated at 02:58:40 pm ET / 11:58:40 am PT on Wednesday) - but AlondraLoves Willie was "lucky" enough to catch the highest cures amount of +2000 (which was generated at 11:24:48 pm ET / 8:24:48 pm PT on Tuesday night).  Though AlondraLovesWillie was also able to catch that -1881 curse, which at least helped to balance the +2000 cure.  :D

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
I'd like some of those cures when I have my operation in 2 weeks... real cures that is.   :)

Please keep us informed, of course you will be in our thoughts. All the best.   [angel5]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »
All I know is that now my cures are three times what my curses are and before that cheap insufferable pig made it's appearance my curses were greater. I think I will look at it that cures are better. There are a lot of things I need curing from right now and I've had enough curses, thanks.

Alondra

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »
Maybe there are the same number of cures as there are curses BUT the minus and pluses do not add up.  The cures each had over 1000's of points and the curses were in the 100's.  Can't win with those odds.

Perhaps that's the way it worked out for you, but there are people who would disagree with you. Here are a handful:

Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1885     EmeraldRose
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1905     loril54
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1542     artist07
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1400     MsCriseyde
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1881     AlondraLovesWillie
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1849     FireRose
Curses Cheap, Insufferable Pig     -1680     DarkShadowyFigure

And several of those people were awarded multiple curses that were well over a thousand.

As I said, it's all pure chance. Or is it Karma?  ;)

Unfortunately, no one was able to catch the largest curses amount of -1999 (which was generated at 02:58:40 pm ET / 11:58:40 am PT on Wednesday) - but AlondraLoves Willie was "lucky" enough to catch the highest cures amount of +2000 (which was generated at 11:24:48 pm ET / 8:24:48 pm PT on Tuesday night).  Though AlondraLovesWillie was also able to catch that -1881 curse, which at least helped to balance the +2000 cure.  :D

Very informative data.  All I know is 2000 points for a curse vs 10000 points for a cure ain't balanced but then again maybe it is in Dark Shadowland!   [lol2]  I don't remember the exact points for some of the cures but they are greater than the curses.  That Jeb-pig was dishing them out right and left while us "innocents" [cough] kept trying for more curses.  Jeb is EVIL!  There's no winning with him... it...  [snake] whatever he is.    ;)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »
Jackie and Alondra... I hope for things to improve, lame as that sounds.    Let's form a malady club or something.

My mere two clicks yielded that high cure/low curse ratio, for what little it's worth.    I thought if I got it, I won.   After the first cure one, I chalked it up to a successful practical joke on me, that had no real harmful consequences, so I sort of enjoyed it.   Get too concerned about curses, and you end up traveling through time to fix everything and dragging your friends along with you.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »
Very informative data.  All I know is 2000 points for a curse vs 10000 points for a cure ain't balanced but then again maybe it is in Dark Shadowland!   [lol2]

No 10000 point cures were possible - the higest level for both curses and cures was +/-2000, so it was completely balanced. As I pointed out, the largest cure that was generated was +2000 points and the largest curse that was generated was -1999.  :)

I don't remember the exact points for some of the cures but they are greater than the curses.

As you have probably deduced from what I've been saying, the system logs every curse and cure that was generated along with whether or not it was caught and who caught what. And not to belabor a point that I've already made twice before, but it may have been that some people's cures were greater than their curses, but I can assure you that was not the case for everyone.  ;)

That Jeb-pig was dishing them out right and left while us "innocents" [cough] kept trying for more curses.  Jeb is EVIL!  There's no winning with him... it...  [snake] whatever he is.   ;)

Well, that's certainly true.  :D