Author Topic: Two Classic Episodes  (Read 565 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two Classic Episodes
« on: February 17, 2004, 05:23:54 PM »
Today's and tomorrow's episodes on the forum's calendar are definitely classics. After her betrayal, Nicholas removes all Cassangelique's powers and turns her human (with tantalizing details for those fans who believe that Angelique would have to be a reincarnation of Miranda Duval), Roger and Cass finally confront their sham of a marriage, Cass finally admits to Barnabas that she is Angelique and reveals she is dying, Julia tries to convince Barn that it's their opportunity to get rid of Ang once and for all - and perhaps one of the most self-observant moments in DS history takes place: Roger finally admits to being at a loss in understanding women (Gee, Rog - ya think? But both of your marriages have been so successful.  [lghy])

Great stuff!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Two Classic Episodes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 05:31:58 PM »
MB, it will come as no surprise to you that I agree with every word you wrote in this post.  These two episodes ARE classic.  Wonderful to relate, everybody in the cast is in top form for these days, the FX work beautifully, and everybody has a special moment.  Of course, special kudos go to Parker for a brilliant performance (even more so when that difficult makeup is involved--I would love to know how they worked the taping schedule for that), and Astredo for making Nicholas the most compulsively watchable, eee-vil villain in DS history.

G.

Offline scottd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Two Classic Episodes
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 05:48:55 AM »
I can't wait to see these episodes! When I first started watching DS, I came in shortly after the episodes mentioned and still haven't seen them. I'm currently about 20 episodes into DVD set 8, so I'm almost there. I absolutely can't wait for Nicholas to arrive on the scene--he's one of my favorite characters and, as mentioned, just so compulsively watchable! I'm just loving the whole Cassandra/dream curse/Adam storyline and, as I said, I've never seen it from the beginning until now.