Author Topic: MPI and You Tube  (Read 997 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
MPI and You Tube
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
The one Julia99 video i had on YouTube, which has been played on at least 2 occassions at the DSFEest. .the one of Barnabas and Julia to the Alanis Morrisette song You Owe Me Nothing was pulled from YouTube with MPI citing copyright violations?  Anyone else seeing this type of activity? It was an MPI citation not Maverick Records which releases Alanis' stuff. . .interesting.
Julia99

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: MPI and You Tube
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:15:05 PM »
Though not surprising. The main reason we stay away from using anything related to the MPI VHS/DVDs whenever possible is that MPI definitely seems to make a distinction between restricted showings at a fan gathering as opposed to continued public exposure. And MPI will even go after things that they haven't even released yet just because they *might* release it in the future. Though given the issues of copyright, I can see their point...

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »
Unfortunately, this is one of the results when some fans abuse the copyright of a product.  Some fans were uploading entire episodes of DS and undoubtedly MPI saw that or was told about it.  Give an inch and some will take a mile - when that happens the fans who only want to do music vids and some creative things with footage find themselves getting their stuff pulled off Youtube.com, etc.

Nancy

Though not surprising. The main reason we stay away from using anything related to the MPI VHS/DVDs whenever possible is that MPI definitely seems to make a distinction between restricted showings at a fan gathering as opposed to continued public exposure. And MPI will even go after things that they haven't even released yet just because they *might* release it in the future. Though given the issues of copyright, I can see their point...

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! I just found mine had been pulled as well! What a bummer!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
Gosh, this news makes me sad.  I loved that Alanis Morisette video and played it several times on YouTube.  Great selection of B & J scenes in that one!

On the plus side, J99, I'm majorly digging your new glam shot of Young Grayson (or should I say Young Liz?).  Can we say total babydoll???

xo Steve