Author Topic: Me TV airing Untouchables (Anthony George) and Dobie Gillis (Joel Crothers)  (Read 641 times)

David

I'm pretty happy about the launch of the retro TV network Me TV here in San Francisco on Monday.
It's schedule includes The Untouchables, the 1930s set crime drama in which Anthony George was a co-star for a season.
Me also airs Dobie Gillis: both Joel Crothers & Diana Millay made appearances, several each I think.

Oh, and they also air Mary Tyler Moore! :D

ClaudeNorth

Thanks for the tip! According to their website, ME-TV is "coming soon" to my area.  On Saturday nights, they're running the "Svengoolie" horror movie show.

Glad to see these enterprising new networks (ME-TV, Antenna TV, This TV) filling the gap created by Nick at Nite and TV Land!  And perhaps one day, one of them will add a certain horror-themed daytime drama to their line-up...

David

ME has said they probably won't air DS, but I'm digging ME's airings of Twilight Zone & Mary. Really looking forward to seeing Svengoolie on Saturday night: this week's film is Son of Dracula with Lon Chaney Jr.

We also get Retro TV Network around here, where I watch Night Gallery & Hitchcock Presents.
Antenna TV not here yet, hopefully soon, because they ARE interested in DS!

Retro has two great hosted movie shows: Offbeat Cinema features cult/underground/film noir.
And a horror movie show.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I have RTV and ThisTV in my area. Both show some great old shows (and in the case of ThisTV, movies) that are good for catching the DS stars. Though they also show a few stinkers that if I'd never been reminded of again, it wouldn't have been a loss.  [ghost_grin]  But, as hard as it is for us to imagine, some people would probably say that about DS...

David

[ghost_shocked]
WHAT????
People dissing DS???

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
To rework a line from NoDS: "Everyone does not love our DS as we do."  [ghost_wink]  But just like Sarah/Carlotta and the spirit of Angelique, we will keep the spirit of DS alive forever.  [ghost_smiley]