Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1200  (Read 738 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1200
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1200
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »
Another fantastic JF voice over. What a treat! One great scene after another.

Lovely portrayal of the strong bond between Melanie and Justin. She looks after him as tenderly as if he's the child but she so needy of his (or anyone's) love and approval. Justin's attempt at self-sacrifice is heart rending, as is Melanie's response.

Pennock blooper or writer goof? "When the hand of death touches me, I won’t feel her icy hand." Gabriel is already starting to freak out, in contrast to Morgan's stoicism. But they're both mean to Melanie.

We discover that Bramwell has a soft spot for Justin and is actually more or less friendly with Quentin. The scene with Bramwell and Melanie is just wonderful. He is so gentle with her--so unlike his behavior to Catherine.

We hear Brutus Collins's letter, which started it all--and see the first lottery slip being inked....

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
I myself don't get a big thrill from a Frid voiceover.  It's nice, and unusual, but nothing special.  My favorite voiceovers tend to be from Grayson Hall.

I was sort of surprised to see Bramwell walking into Collinwood without knocking, after all his complaints about the rich Collinses - but I guess I shouldn't have been.  This would be one of Bramwell's many rebellions. 

The last time the lottery was held was ten years ago - I can't remember when exactly that was said, but I'm wondering: did Bramwell participate in it then?  He would have been old enough, I think, but my impression is that the question didn't even arise.  And did Barnabas ever participate in it?  I'm betting the lottery would have been held at least once while Barnabas was alive.  Maybe the reason Angelique didn't chase after Barnabas in this time band is that she got wind of the lottery and didn't want to come anywhere near it.  No, I don't actually believe that, but I like throwing the possibility out there.

I'm not sure we ever hear any more about Quentin's time in prison.  It's such an interesting back story for him, and I'd like to see some mention of it between him and Bramwell.  Whatever Bramwell has been through, Quentin has probably been through worse.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:35:50 AM »
If I remember correctly, pretty soon we'll hear more about Bramwell and the lottery. And yes, I think the last time was ten years ago.

Nice point about Bramwell just walking into Collinwood without knocking. He seems to enjoy any opportunity to needle Morgan.

Ditto about Quentin doing hard time, whereas Bramwell is merely poor. I think Quentin's prison stint comes up again once or twice, but I don't remember whether he and Bramwell ever talk about it. For all that they're both so quick tempered, they seem to get along pretty well.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
The scene with Bramwell and Melanie is just wonderful.

Totally agree. It's a perfect example of what I was saying in the topic for Ep #1199.