Author Topic: Collinsport In Your Head  (Read 650 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Collinsport In Your Head
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
Have you ever found yourself incorporating fannish running gags into the world of Collinsport, that you carry around in your head?   In my case, it's jokes made over the years on the captions and episode discussion threads.   By now, I've heard so many jokes about Professor T. Elliot Stokes being some colossal "cheese pervert" (if there even could be such a thing...) that I have to remind myself that he may not have mentioned cheese more than once.   At some point, I'm going to forget that there was never really such a place as the "Tool Shed Bar & Grille", MB's running joke in the fill-ins area.   I see Sarah Johnson, and I think of a barely-repressed hysterical obsession with mayonnaise.   That area of Maine must always deal with strafing runs from Velvetian space ships.   The Old House staircase, don't fence it in....!

What strange fan-canon things like this exist in Collinsport, for you?   They don't have to be jokes.   A lot of fannish theories get proposed, to explain this or that, and we can get used to thinking of them almost as if they were seen onscreen...

[candle_in_skull_2] [female_skull] [skull_winks]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Collinsport In Your Head
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:43:09 PM »
You mean there really isn't such a place as the Tool Shed Bar & Grille?!  [hall2_shocked]  No, no - that can't be! I'm certain it exists! But maybe it's simply that it exists in the PT world of the Caption This! and Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) boards. That must be it.  [hall2_wink]

As for Stokes, I've always suspected that he's a much bigger aficionado of alcoholic 18th century furniture makers than he ever was a devotee of cheese.  [hall2_grin]

And as for Mrs. Johnson, well, she DOES have a barely-repressed hysterical obsession with mayonnaise. Anyone watching that scene in Ep #72 can see that!  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Collinsport In Your Head
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »
Right now I am eating an egg salad sandwich accompanied by a container of coffee. How's that for effect?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.