Author Topic: Dream Curse Story Origin  (Read 905 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dream Curse Story Origin
« on: March 21, 2009, 02:11:26 AM »
A discussion on another thread prodded me to check my boxes for my DS books, which I was sure to bring with me the last time I moved. I was thrilled to find how many DS books I had, several of which I had forgotten about. (The only one missing was the Episode Guide, which saddens me, but I think it's at my mother's house.) I wish I had hours to spend with these books.

At any rate, in "The Dark Shadows Almanac: 30th Anniversary Tribute," there is a page titled "Dark Shadows Sources," and it lists a story by an unknown author, "The Dream Deceivers," as the inspiration for the 1968 Dream curse instigated by Cassandra Blair.

Does anyone know anything about this story? I've done a google search and didn't come up with anything.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Curse Story Origin
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:47:39 AM »
If "The Dream Deceivers" was a published book or short story, Bette and Luciaphil were not able to find any trace of it back in 2002 using their library resources.   [idontknow]

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Curse Story Origin
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:52:09 AM »
Thanks, Midnite.

The Dream Curse storyline is the first extended sequence of DS that I remember from childhood, so it has special significance to me. It was so terrifying at that time. Surprisingly, I don't remember too much about it from my viewing of the series in the 1990s on SciFi.

It's interesting to think of the mileage that some unknown author's story got, and he or she has never been properly credited!

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995