Author Topic: Afternoon TV, Vol.1, No.1, August 1968  (Read 2582 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Afternoon TV, Vol.1, No.1, August 1968
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 05:42:52 PM »
thanks for the pics and the info, coterie-mc!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 06:35:25 PM »
Some of the DS photos in the #1 issue of Afternoon TV (which featured DS prominently in its first year or so) were taken soon after the show returned to 1968 from 1795, around the time that Vicki and Barnabas had the car accident (and RD makes his return).  Some shots from this time are also found in the Philly Gum pink gum card set, as well.

I once owned several Afternoon TV issues from this era, including #1 - there are some great articles/photos that are not found elsewhere!

Petofi

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 10:01:16 PM »
Coming in a bit late here....

Many thanks for posting both these articles.  Don't remember a THING about Afternoon TV and whether I ever had any, so these were great to see.

Interesting that they were covering DS so intensively.  The impression you get after the fact was that the heavy PR on the show was the province of the teenybopper magazines.

But ROGER DAVIS?  OI!  [a395]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 04:31:44 AM »
Interesting that they were covering DS so intensively.  The impression you get after the fact was that the heavy PR on the show was the province of the teenybopper magazines.

That's true. Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of misimpressions that have been sent out, as you put it, after the fact.  :-   But the real truth is that the various soap magazines and even quite a few of the "normal" fan magazines aimed at adults covered DS regularly. Truthfully, there were probably more DS articles published in magazines like AfterNoon TV, Daytime TV, TV Radio Show, TV Picture Life, ect. than there were in 16, Tiger Beat, Fave, etc. simply by virtue of the fact that, at the time DS originally aired, there were far more fan magazines aimed at adults than there were ones aimed at teens.