Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1064  (Read 740 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1064
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »
Robservations #1064

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1064

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
Finally Barnabas and Julia are at the Old House. The spirit is the very essence of evil.
Carolyn has a picture of Maggie and Quentin looking like a couple on a picnic. Mrs Johnson sees a shadow in the picture.
Mrs J is then in the Old House. How she knew they were now there is unknown. She talks about how there was so much joy and then on night the house was still and a room the children called the playroom. She sees gerard through the one uncovered window and flees. Barnabas and Julia find her dead eyes wide open. When Carolyn sees her Mrs J has a blinking eye problem.
Carolyn is opening a door that does not match any of the others in the house. It looks like a modern entrance door. One of the normal Collinwood doors is seen next to it in the hall which makes it more glaring. Carols doesn't seem to be taking her own advice to stay away from the house.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
Perhaps the writers are unaware of how Mrs. Johnson originally came to work at Collinwood as they weren't around at the time.  They must have presumed she was working there at an early age.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 05:05:05 AM »
ANOTHER music box theme.  Please, no more.  Whose bust is that on the stairs I wonder.  Oops, we're in a parallel universe where Mrs. Johnson took care of Carolyn as a child. 

One of the best scenes ever, when Mrs. J is dead by the tree a la Abigail, and Carolyn struggles to keep herself from knowing she's dead, pleading with Mrs. J not to hurt her by being dead.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 04:27:00 AM »
quote from Robservations

Stokes' house - He hands the giggling Carolyn a bunch of grapes

I had forgotten about this; it tickled me, cuz she's such a loon.

quote from Magnus Trask:
One of the best scenes ever, when Mrs. J is dead by the tree a la Abigail

Oh yeah...a la Abigail....imagine if Abigail happened to cut through time, and see this 'person' (she wouldn't stop to help someone so obviously beneath her!!)

I STILL HATE GS & DH.

BTW....we all mentioned how we didn't see much of Daniel/David in I'd said the last 2/3rds og PT; do we know why? Would Angelixis have 'warmed' herself up w/Daniel? Or, Quentin for that matter? It'd have been funny if she tried it on Barn...
What a Woman!