Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0046  (Read 265 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0046
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:08:20 PM »
Robservations #46

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0046

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »
High tension episode - very soapy. The opening closeup of Roger reminds me of when you look into a round glass Christmas ornament, lol.

I'm sick of Bill Malloy already. Good acting on Frank Schofield's part. As far as I'm concerned he gets what's coming to him - the f**king dick.

Roger is a hoot. I thoroughly enjoy his disdain with everyone in this episode, (and always, actually) especially Vicki and especially regarding David. I could quote him for days. Their scenes together in this episode are great. And Vicki bringing up introducing David to Sam - talk about adding insult to injury or is that rubbing salt into a wound? - either way Roger is just not catching a break of any kind. Roger's anxiety/break laughter is a nice touch in the scene.

Have we seen David's drawing of Collinwood after this? They don't show it and I could swear I've seen it in detail before. Roger's statement "Collinwood with all it's Dark Shadows." is kinda cool. I would have loved it watching as a kid.

This appears to be the end of the line for Roger. It kind of surprises me that he actually shows up to the meeting.

I have to give this episode to Louis.

One of several favorite lines: "My son might kill you even if you didn't."

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 01:35:03 AM »
Take 2. I believe this is the first  since day one.  I’m guessing there were rewrites to either send the story in a different direction or make it more exciting.   
      Burke expects Roger in the office. Roger calls Bill and talks to Mrs. Johnson.  Vickie once again walks in on a flustered Roger’s phone call.  She wants to nurture David’s creativity. I’d say he does pretty well for a nine year old. Maybe not in the normal way, but how many nine year olds are plotting their Father’s demise. The drawing she holds is  of Collinwood and she claims it’s childish, but is in the style of whomever in the art department does Sam Evans work. Now Sam reminds me of a big baby but not his artwork.  Roger does look at the drawing  and utters, “ Collinwood with all its dark shadows.”   
     Sam is painting and Bill is at the door. Sam refuses to go to the meeting. Bill then goes onto Collinwood and says Roger must attend.  Vickie thinks Sam knows about her past.  Roger leaves at 10:25 and all are present at 11:00 but Malloy.  Where is the mastermind of this meeting?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times