Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0045  (Read 260 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0045
« on: May 02, 2021, 10:10:02 PM »
Robservations #45

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0045

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:31:23 PM »
Well, Malloy's got Burke's number. I don't know why he'd expect Burke to stop at Roger tho. Is this what they call making a deal with the devil? I should like Bill but I don't. I shouldn't like Roger but I do. I'm tainted.

I always enjoy Roger & Carolyn scenes - the fluff and the gruff. Any opinions on Carolyn's little black dress? I can't decide if I like it or not. But she looks gorgeous in black. Still not crazy about the bangs but they are growing on me. Carolyn is very chatty today, lol.

They're certainly setting the scene for Bill Malloy's fate. He so obnoxiously lays his cards on the table during his meeting (and phone call, later) with Roger. He's certainly thrown Roger under the bus and there is no turning back now. Who the f**k does he think he is? He's certainly a man on a mission tho.

I got a real kick out of Roger in this episode. Love his snide remarks.

We get Josette's story. Is this the first time we get details? I know Sam mentioned her to Vicki on Widows Hill.

Pretty gripping episode. B+

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 02:37:59 AM »
Bill calls out Burke on his plans to take over Collins and Burke defects as usual. Bill wants a deal to leave Elizabeth alone. Better get that in writing.
Roger is playing darts in his office. Does he ever work?  I think randomly that soon this will be an empty house by the sea and many others rooms as time goes by. Roger still has his boo boo on forehead. Bill bursts in and reveals Sam is his source of info. Roger calls him insane.  I have to agree as Bill has nothing on tape or paper to back up his story.
Carolyn shows Roger the pen and as usual he overreacts.  It’s unthinkable to take the pen from Burke. Roger will return it.  Carolyn reveals Blair’s intentions to Roger.  Malloy calls and wants a meeting at 11:00 pm in Rogers office to settle things. 
      I really think they need a better backstory on this beyond Bill missing his chance (he thinks) with Elizabeth.
Something like he expected Roger’s job and is basically doing it but Roger takes credit for and plots to make Malloy look bad at every turn.  I found Burke and his pen quite appealing in this episode.

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times