Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0043  (Read 253 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0043
« on: March 07, 2021, 12:28:26 AM »
Robservations #43

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0043

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 06:22:37 PM »
This is a backstory episode. We get a good deal of past history from Malloy and Maggie.

Maggie & Malloy: Bill confronts Maggie about Sam's secrets and at first I thought Maggie was pretending not be be as concerned as we know she is but then she starts talking about it as if it's just conversation or at least not with the desperation she usually does. I guess that's because she not speaking directly to her father? Bad directing or bad writing or maybe I'm just nitpicking. Neither Bill nor Maggie nor we learn much here. Good conversation between them though.

Maggie and Vicki: Cute minute of girl talk before it all turns grim. Maggie gets nothing out of Vicki. Vicki gets a soda out of her. Maggie remembers the good old days and when they changed. I think Sam selling paintings around the time of the accident that sent Burke to prison has been mentioned before. Just not sure if it was put so obviously.

Malloy and Joe: Malloy gets somewhat philosophical about his past comparing it to Joe's current issues with Carolyn. I think we are meant to assume that Bill is carrying a torch for Liz.

Malloy and Sam: At The Blue Whale Sam pretty much reconfirms what he blabbed last night. Bill just needs to learn the particulars of what Sam did/knows. Do we even know? I don't remember hearing it yet.

Vicki and Joe: Poor Joe. Need I say more? At this point I think he is a fool for holding on to that dream.

More nitpicking: Did Vicki take that long walk all the way into town for gossip and a soda? It appears that way, but I guess she could have done what she came to town to do before returning to Collinwood. Hopefully she was smart enough to take a cab back.
Things are coming a bit more into focus for those taking notes regarding the Bill, Burke, Roger and Laura quadrangle.
Anyone think there should be doubt about Malloy's lost love being Liz? I don't remember if it's confirmed. I can see the scene in my mind but it may be DSFMS. I also have to wonder if the character would be thinking she should have married Bill instead of Paul and that is why she is pushing Carolyn toward Joe? You know - saving her daughter from making the same mistake she did.
Does anyone think Liz, should have a phone in her room? Ever notice that everyone comes from the kitchen to answer the phone in the foyer when there is a phone in the kitchen? Maybe there is much more than a kitchen past that foyer door under the landing.
I noticed a paneled wall on the other side of the the diner door as Vicki exit's (and Sam enters). I could swear that that door always showed the outdoors behind it. Come to think of it, wasn't there a window to the left of the door? It's not there anymore!
Alternate version of the closing theme I believe.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 10:41:35 PM »
Bill and Joe are at the Blue Whale and we learn it’s only a day after Joe’s big drunken show at Collinwood. Time passes ever so slow. Joe decides on having a drink.
Maggie and Vickie chat and Maggie invites her to dinner.  Not exactly enthralling.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times