Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0676  (Read 810 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0676
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0676
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
Jonathan Frid's face becomes wonderfully interesting when he raises his eyebrows.

I don't think Chris had much of a future as an architect.  He should have been interested right from the start in designing a place that would hold the werewolf securely during the full moon,  and the mausoleum, with its secret room, should have intrigued him.

What does Chris think might be the reason there's a coffin in the secret room?  It wouldn't occur to him that there might be an on-again-off-again vampire hanging around.  So maybe he would wonder...did somebody want to conceal a murder?  If so, then what happened to the body?  Maybe it was discovered and the murder was solved in the 19th century, and now everybody has forgotten that there ever was a mystery.

Barnabas didn't expect anybody to come to the mausoleum overnight, but has he forgotten David's gift for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?  Barnabas should have brought along a folding chair and a book, and spent the night making sure that nobody would release the werewolf.

We saw three Davids today.  First he sort of picked on Amy, then he joined forces with Amy to creep out Mrs. Johnson, and in the end he displayed some ethical sense, drawing the line at murder.  All things considered, it's surprising that David has any idea left at all of what's right and what's wrong.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »
This was the first time that Barnabas locked Chris in the secret room. [milestone] I thought it was really neat that Barnabas was helping Chris. Barnabas could really identify with Chris's plight of being unable to control himself at night. 

I have a theory that maybe Quentin wanted to kill Chris because he knew what Chris was going through and Quentin wanted to "save" him. [ideag] I have no way of knowing if that is true, though.

This episode was the first time Chris told the story of the first time he became a werewolf. [milestone] I think this was one of Don Briscoe's greatest performances. [clap2] It was a very touching story. [hall2_cry] There is one possible problem, though. Wouldn't Chris have graduated from college at age 22? Maybe he skipped a grade in high school. 

I'm glad that Barnabas believes Mrs. Johnson about her seeing Quentin and the David and Amy's strange behavior. [whew] It was really creepy when they were staring at her.  [hall2_shocked] How rude! I don't blame her for being upset.  [hall2_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »
most of the members of my family were 17 when they graduated High School due to our birthdays being after graduation.  I skipped a quarter or I would have been 21 when I graduated college.  Luckily I wasn't a descendant of Quentin or I'd have been facing his fate on my birthday.
One wonders why Barnabas decided to help Chris instead of destroying him as he did Tom.  Could it be because he has gotten to know Amy after Tom's death and doesn't want to see her alone in the world? 

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times