Author Topic: Posting Attachments  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Posting Attachments
« on: September 03, 2003, 03:24:49 AM »
People might have noticed that Midnite and I were testing posting attachments on the Testing board. Attachments allow people who don't have access to their own Web space to include DS-related photos (and several other types of files) in their posts. This feature has been available ever since we made the switch to YaBB SE, but we never got around to testing it until today. As it turns out, it's really quite simple:

If you'd like to include a file attachment with a post, simply type your post in the text window on the posting page and then scroll down to the Post/Preview/Reset Form buttons as usual. Above them you'll now notice the word "Attach" to the left of a new window and the "Browse" button to the window's right. Just use the "Browse" button to navigate to the directory on your computer's hard drive where you've stored the file you'd like to attach, highlight the name of the file, click "Open", and then just click "Post" as usual. It's that simple. ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Attachments
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 05:34:00 AM »
*bump*

Attachments allow people who don't have access to their own Web space to include DS-related photos (and several other types of files) in their posts.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Attachments
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 06:29:31 AM »
*bump*

Attachments allow people who don't have access to their own Web space to include DS-related photos (and several other types of files) in their posts.

Oh....sorry.
Don't know why, but I had the impression, since anyone can get access to free Web space (places like Photo Bucket), that posting some pictures as attachments was sort of a courtesy - so people could take the pictures if they wanted them or something.  [idontknow]  I've had instances where I've posted a picture and a member has contacted me asking me if I could send it to them since they couldn't grab it off the board - that sort of thing.  (and since it was a picture of J. Depp I thought maybe a couple of people might want it - looking as he does and all)  lol

My bad.

-CLC
Confused as usual
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>