Author Topic: Rose Red Prequel  (Read 851 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Rose Red Prequel
« on: May 12, 2003, 08:11:42 PM »
Anyone who watched and enjoyed Rose Red when it aired on ABC back in January, 2002 (Mark Rainey not being among them [wink2]) may be interested to know that ABC is airing a prequel tonight, The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re:Rose Red Prequel
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 01:21:50 AM »
I'm sure I'll be among those not enjoying the prequel, too. ;)

Actually, I plan on pounding the keys to get a new story out. No time for prequels.

--Mark

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 01:46:19 PM »
I taped it last night to enjoy at another time. I did watch Rose Red last year--it was a bit much but enjoyable.  Enjoyed Stephen King's Storm of the Century much better--now that was EERIE.

Good luck, Mark, with your pounding of the keys. Will your story be for us or for outside publication?
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 01:51:33 PM »
I watched Diary last night and found it superior to Rose Red.  Twern't no masterpiece, but the goings-on, especially all those trysts, made it totally watchable.  It almost had a DS quality to it.

Gerard

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 11:05:41 PM »
Good luck, Mark, with your pounding of the keys. Will your story be for us or for outside publication?

It's a collaboration with the editor of BEYOND THE DUST, actually. We don't have a particular market in mind for this one yet, but I agreed to do the collab because it seemed like it might be fun. The story's finished now, titled "Terror From Middle Island" (not my title). Will let you know if and when it gets sold.[/color]

--Mark

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 07:02:08 AM »
I watched Diary last night and found it superior to Rose Red.  Twern't no masterpiece, but the goings-on, especially all those trysts, made it totally watchable.  It almost had a DS quality to it.
Gerard

I enjoyed "Diary" much better also Gerard.  I liked Rose Red too but found it much too confusing with all the goings on.   In Diary of Ellen Rimbauer There was more of a plot and IMO I think they should have showed this movie first since everything that happened actually took place before Rose Red was aired.

Deb