Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0609  (Read 1724 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0609
« on: August 14, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0609
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:18:32 AM »
I didn't like this show, I thought it was a waste of time.

The whole story of Eve and Peter is dumb.
[spoiler]It was just like Victoria was pushed of Widows Hill.[/spoiler]

Jeff just seam like he was treating David like a todler when asking him to be ring bearer. Just right after he man-handled David. Strange.

Adam should be with Carolyn.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 02:26:23 AM »
Great, today's the beginning of the Most Evil Woman in the World falling for the Most Neurotic Man-Handling Man in the World storyline. Yawn.

Eve was once again a bitch, not only to Adam but to Carolyn. I'm sure Carolyn has to be wondering what Adam sees in this woman. Heck, maybe even Adam is starting to ask himself that question now too after Eve's behavior.

I'm surprised Harry didn't try to blackmail Adam over not telling Nicholas about the trip to Collinwood. Then again, maybe he's lost his scheming ways after Nicholas' little 'treatment' of him the other day.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »
The Battle of Bunker Hill took place on June 17, 1775, not 1776.  But David's from Maine, not Massachusetts, so I suppose it's not surprising that he can't keep the date straight.

Poor Harry Johnson.  If only he were played by a better actor, he would have had a better life.  I'll bet there would have been a girl for him somewhere.  He would not have had a happy love affair with the girl, because this is Dark Shadows, but at least he would have had something.

Marie Wallace made me laugh out loud today in that cobweb-filled room of Adam's.  She was the perfect bitch wife meeting the old girlfriend.  But I can't blame Eve for disliking the meeting.  Adam was phenomenally clueless today.

Having read lori54's post, I'm trying to think of a way in which the Eve-and-Peter story is not dumb, but I can't do it.  Why did Danielle Roget come to a one-gibbet town like Collinsport, anyway?  Philadelphia would have offered her much greater scope for her homicidal talents.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 03:55:35 AM »
I too wondered why Danielle was in Collinsport and why would a worldly woman be interested in Peter Bradford.  If I were Danielle, he would have bit the dust minutes after meeting him Assuming the experiment went right this time and the original life force died and that is why Eve has Danielle's memories, should not she then have a French accent.? Is she not superhuman strong like Adam?  And why hasn't she gone on a murderous rampage already considering she is the most evil woman to have ever lived?   How do we know that Adam and Eve's children would be superhuman?  Why not make Julia create a monstor making factory?  I would by faster than  Adam and Eve having children and then I presume mating with each other to further the race.  So many questions to be answered.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 05:20:17 AM »
David's from Maine, not Massachusetts, so I suppose it's not surprising that he can't keep the date straight.

http://tinyurl.com/6e5fnn'

The history of Maine. I wonder if Vickie could explain it to him.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 05:22:33 AM »
I remember the line from 1991 DS as well.  David quotes it while playing with his toy set.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »
I thought that Jeff/Peter's interaction with David was cute. Jeff had a real rapport with him. [ghost_smiley] David really made a big change in the way he felt about Vicki. When Vicki first arrived at Collinwood, David did not want Vicki there, and "hated" her; now, in this episode, David seemed to love Vicki and did not want Vicki to leave! Big change. David also seemed to be growing up, too - he looked much bigger. (I really noticed this because I have been watching the pre-Barnabas episodes lately, as well as the Watching Project episodes.) [ghost_wink]

I thought it was sweet of Adam to write a note to Carolyn asking her if he and Eve could come to Collinwood so Carolyn could meet Eve. Carolyn and Adam clearly should have been together. [love3] Eve was wrong for him, and she treated him and Carolyn abominably. [ghost_mad]

Yes, indeed, I also wondered what Danielle was doing with Peter in Collinsport in 1795. [ghost_huh]  She seemed like the type of woman who would be bored with it all. She killed Phillipe for Peter?  [ghost_nowink] Well, if Phillipe Cordier's name was any indication, I'm sure he would have been much more romantic than Peter was.  [ghost_rolleyes]

It was nice to see Vicki again. I really didn't like the dress she was wearing, though; it was too plain-looking. I kept looking to see if I could tell that she was pregnant; it's debatable. [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Marie Wallace made me laugh out loud today in that cobweb-filled room of Adam's.  She was the perfect bitch wife meeting the old girlfriend.

That scene is one of my absolute favorites. And I especially love the look on Eve's face and her whole attitude/demeanor when she first meets Carolyn:

Beyond priceless!  [lghy]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
OK, first off David needs to alert his father than Jeff Manhandle him. But then again, I can't blame Jeff because sometimes I want to shake David.

This one was kinda of boring, I wanted to know what happen between Joe and Barnabas.

Carolyn needs to admit to Adam that she loves him.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »
MB, I wonder whether Carolyn got frostbite from that delightful "welcome" from the Lady Eve?

Of course, we all know that Miss Stoddard can give in the FREEZE dept. as good as anyone could get her (excuse snarled syntax) ... after all, she trained with the best ... Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, who can freeze like nobody's business!

Thanks for making me smile.  In Other News, what's up with today's front page image?  Looks as if Grayson was getting another pesky visit from everybody's favorite Extra, Miss Ima Fly!

G.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 05:23:10 AM »
That line about trees losing their leaves in the fall struck me as strange since that never seemed to happen to the trees in Collinsport.  Despite their being in Maine, the trees seemed to hang onto their leaves year-round.