Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0407  (Read 610 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0407
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:07 PM »
Robservations #407

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0407

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:52:17 AM »
Parker uses the teleprompter more and more these days. I wonder what's up with that?

Liz visits the Old House. Bennett looks quite refreshed in this scene. Oh dear, I mean Naomi! (I guess I just miss Liz, and Naomi is acting quite like La Liz in the opening scene). I half expected Barnabas to fall head over heals down the stairs at Angelique's feet after Naomi exited the Old House, lol.

Barn & Ange - I don't know what to think. I mean what is Ange expecting if she rids Barn of the curse? I mean, wtf? A lol moment, as Ange is rubbing Barn's sweaty face, I heard a squeak noise - as if her finger squeaked against his wet skin. Ange has gone too far and realizes it when she is unable to reverse the curse.

Poor Joshua, he still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut. No sooner does he say they will never see Josette again, she appears at the front door. The whole scene in the drawing room seemed a bit odd to me. Natalie is working my last gay nerve at Collinwood and the Old House. I'm beginning to think that this character has been totally unneccessary from day one to now.

Oh, boy! Drama at the Old House! Nice cliffhanger. Anything can happen now – it ought to be very interesting when the shit hits the fan.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 03:47:38 PM »
Joshua is doing some first-class sniping to Naomi when they hear a knock at the door. Joshua heads upstairs, leaving Naomi to get it, but he stops at the landing when he sees that the countess and Josette have returned. He fixes Josette with his best glare. Of course it looked bad when Josette left, but it looks even worse when she explains, Barnabas told me to leave Collinwood. He said I was in great danger. He was going to meet us--but he never did. He was going to do something even worse than what he had already done, Joshua sneers--though married himself, he was going to run off with the widow of the man he shot. The countess doesn't improve the situation when she says, I sense danger here at Collinwood. Suddenly it dawns on her: It’s Barnabas! Barnabas is in danger! she exclaims. She and Josette rush to the Old House over Joshua's protestations that Barnabas isn’t there. After they leave, Naomi asks Joshua, Aren’t you worried now about where Barnabas is? Affecting airy indifference, Joshua says, I couldn’t care less about Barnabas and Angelique. Naomi starts upstairs, hesitates halfway up, then keeps going. She misses the sight of Joshua's mask slipping for the first time to reveal his real anxiety and even fear for his son.

Natalie did do something helpful when she stopped Angelique from stopping Josette from going upstairs to see Barnabas. But poor Barn doesn't even recognize his beloved.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
Naomi is wearing her pretty pearl-gray gown again.

Creepy moment when Naomi finds Angelique on the floor, trying to scrub away the stains of her own blood.

More nudity: Barn is barefoot, in a nightshirt and the cumbersome blue dressing gown

Angelique tries to cure Barnabas. None of this would have happened if you hadn't tried to betray me, she chides him in a sweet voice. Help me, he moans feebly, bewildered and still delirious. I feel some kind of change coming over me. I plan to cure you, she tells him. I’ve prepared a special potion, and you must drink it in order to feel better. The greatly weakened Barnabas isn't interested at first but manages to get it down (a neat trick, since the transparent-bottomed tankard is actually empty). Close your eyes, she orders him, and don’t open them until I tell you to. I don't ever want to open them, he moans. Angelique throws open the curtain, then orders Barnabas, Open your eyes--now! He does--then howls with anguish and turns his head away, no longer able to tolerate daylight. The medicine should have helped! Angelique sobs as she lets the curtain fall. Why did you betray me? She adds in a chill voice, It’s too late. What’s done cannot be undone. She knows full well what will happen to Barnabas, and there’s nothing else she can do to stop it.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 03:19:16 AM »
It was good to see the bite marks and Barnabas' neck; seems like forever since there have been bite marks. Barnabas calls to Josette and the finds him. quite a different story than the one he told where he worshipped his Uncles wife and tried to make her love him.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times