Author Topic: New comment at jonthanfrid.com - What?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
New comment at jonthanfrid.com - What?
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:33 PM »
A new post on Jonathan Frid's site.  Please read the comments on his front page and tell me what he is trying to say.  I've read it several times and still cannot figure out exactly what he is saying.

http://www.jonathanfrid.com/ - "For these two years of happy returns to the Dark Shadows Fetivals ... And so how will the future play out?...jf"

(edited by admin)

"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New comment at jonthanfrid.com - What?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:31:45 AM »
It sounds to me like he's making his excuse for why his availability was limited at other Fest events--for instance, why he did not participate in the cast reunion or attend other actors' Q&As.  Frid seems to be saying that he is not trying to avoid the other actors because of any grudge, but that he needs all the extra time when he is not on-stage to plan what to say and do at his own scheduled appearances because he changes his mind a lot.

I guess he must have had a lot of questions about where he was throughout the Festival.

ProfStokes

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:37:26 AM »
Kajun - could you just direct people to Jonathan's website without taking so much text off his website?  It wasn't intended to go elsewhere.

One of the problems with Jonathan being a part of a cast reunion is that he winds up getting most of the questions and rest of the actors are left sitting there.  He doesn't like that and I'm sure they don't either.    This is one reason why, in addition to needing more time to prepare, he doesn't participate in the big cast reunions.

Nancy

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:46:39 AM »
He always said he was a slow study and he is in his eighties. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:20:32 AM »
I read and re read his  comments yesterday and I interpreted them as him stating that his absence at DS events was due to lack of planning on his part.  I do believe he was also "retired"  or semi-retired beginning in '94 so maybe his absence had something to do with that too. And I think what Nancy stated in her comments are relevant;  He was the star of DS and when I think of DS I think first and foremost of Jonathan.  So maybe his absence allowed others to shine a bit brighter. In any case I'm just glad he's back!! Its always so nice to see current pictures of him other than those on his website.  Man, he still rocks!!       
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 05:40:33 AM »
Funny when I think of DS JF doesn't come to my mind first,  NOT that I don't like Barney or JF.  Grayson comes to my mind first I love that woman. [ghost_wink]  ANYHOO!  I giive the guy kudos for traveling the distance and participating at all.  I hope I am able to be as agile as he is in my 80's!!  And I hope he is able to return next year.  It would be nice to see him and hopefully say hello to him.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:28:47 AM »
Having caught a good deal of his rehearsal on Friday before the fest, I observed he wants to be precisely prepared.  He wanted to practice everything.  Microphones, music stands, candles, lights, etc. would be included in this practice.  I personally appreciated him wanting to prepare for us and be entertaining/engaging.  He is a real professional and trouper.  He could have rested on his laurels and we would have loved him anyway.  But, I believe that he would not have accepted any unprofessionalism. 

I'm sure it was v8ery strenuous for him getting in and out of the coffin as he did on Saturday as well and then doing his presentation.  I'm bet he needed some much deserved rest.  Even though very fit and fiddle, he is still in his eighties.  I think he rocks for coming so I could see him in person.

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 11:41:56 PM »
"And in cloosing, i must say, that inbvestment Jeremiah made for themb  jugs of claret cup some 240 yeears ago was a stroke of geeeeeeeeniussssssss (buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrp).....a good evening to all"   

Kidding aside, i thought it was great watching Barnabas Karate chopping Willie as he is released from his coffin...Thanks to those for posting pics and videos of the fest....Ole Barny still looks spry and well.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 02:20:11 AM »
Kajun - could you just direct people to Jonathan's website without taking so much text off his website?  It wasn't intended to go elsewhere.

I didn't realize that 3 sentences was taking so much text off the site.  Forgive me for such an apparent copywrite infringement. 

I do notice that he made it a little more coherent.  Go to the website if you want to read it all now.
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."