Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0145  (Read 971 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0145
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:20:41 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0145
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
I LOLed at the painting stopping its flashing and shimmering every time Laura turned her head to look at it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 01:35:21 AM »
Our first on-screen kiss between Joe and Maggie, and a very nice one too. Hooray!!!

The cigarette that falls from Sam's fingers onto the carpet at the end of the episode is not white. Note this fact for future reference....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:29 AM »
Maggie vents to Joe.

Laura may not know why Sam keeps painting her in flames, but she certainly intends to stop it.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:36 AM »
What’s with the necktie on Sam? What, did the Blue Whale slap on a cover charge if you’re not wearing a tie?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:36:29 AM »
The sound was terrible, but it's better than no episode at all. Everyone wants to know why Sam is painting Laura.  Joe and Maggie finally!!!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:57:43 AM »
Maggie's losing respect for Sam-- this is creeping into and displacing her usual devotion, but she doesn't always seem aware of it, or willing to be aware of it... yet.   Or she just won't voice it.   At what point would she just decide to move, and let him deteriorate on his own?    Good Maggie/Joe dialogue.

As Maggie's leaving for work-- she wants to "get there early to see the surprised look on his face."   Mentioning that jerk in the hotel's name is vorboten at this point, I guess...  We should never have lost Joking Maggie on DS.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
Maggie says, "Maybe I'll go to New York."  And in fact Kathryn Leigh Scott, unlike Maggie, did go to New York.  KLS is so much more enterprising than Maggie.  I was wondering today: What does she think of Maggie?  I remember somebody asking KLS at the 2007 fest if she wished Josette had been less clueless (note: this was my fellow fan's question, not mine; I have no complaints about Josette) and the answer was, "She was the only Josette I knew," so I guess maybe KLS just accepted Maggie as she was, too.

Joe's basic response to Maggie was, "Stay here," and I wondered how good that advice was.

As Maggie's leaving for work-- she wants to "get there early to see the surprised look on his face."   Mentioning that jerk in the hotel's name is vorboten at this point, I guess...
But didn't Burke mention it just the other day?

Collinsport is supposed to have an artists colony, right?  Of which Sam Evans is the representative for us viewers.  Are there any other artists who feel compelled to paint Laura Collins in flames, over and over again?  Artists who don't even know who Laura is?  Sort of like the potato blight in Ireland, only in Collinsport it's pictures that are withering on the vine.  Yeah, I know, that's not how potatoes grow.  Or pictures, for that matter.

Diana Millay is much better than I remembered her in this storyline.  Watching it the second time around, I see so many more details in Laura, and I wonder (the perennial question) what Millay knew when about what was happening.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
I also think that the black and white enhances her looks and gives her another worldliness about her.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times