Author Topic: Criseyde's David Selby Site Updated 2/21  (Read 1094 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Criseyde's David Selby Site Updated 2/21
« on: February 21, 2004, 06:13:16 AM »
I've updated my David Selby site with some screen grabs from David's appearance in the 1995 film Headless Body in Topless Bar.

Although the film is not rated and one of the actresses remains topless for the majority of the film, the grabs on the site do not feature any nudity. Sorry to disappoint.  ;)

New material is accessible via the main page. Click the link below or the link banner under this message:

http://www.ldrservicesonline.com/davidselbysite

Criseyde

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Criseyde's David Selby Site Updated 2/21
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 01:53:36 PM »
Hi Cris thanks for the update will look at it.
                Love Anne ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »
 Hello Criseyde, what a wonderful David Selby site you have, i bookmarked it and will spend some more time looking when i can. thanks for the info on the two movie's. both blockbusters and westcoast video rent  "White Squall" w/ jeff bridges, so i will pick that one up today, they do say that they have for sale only,  "The headless body in a topless bar. has anyone seen the 1979 movie "Night Rider" w/ David Selby & Kim Cattrail?  i seen it listed on his movie credits,  but theres no info. -robert

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »
has anyone seen the 1979 movie "Night Rider" w/ David Selby & Kim Cattrail?  i seen it listed on his movie credits,  but theres no info.

I have vague memories of it, Robert. The Night Rider was a TV pilot Selby did for a series that didn't get picked up. It was sort of like Zorro, only set in New Orleans. I can't say that I've ever seen when/where it's been run again, and it's probably not likely to come out on video or DVD.

I probably have the original TV Guide listing around here somewhere. When I get a chance, I'll try to look it up.  ;)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 06:45:19 PM »
In the past, it has been shown in the evening during at least one Dark Shadows Festival (and, frankly, I prefer when they devote the evening film screenings to hard to find movies and tv show episodes featuring the actors rather than the classic horror films they have opted for lately).

On very rare occasions, the film will be aired by television stations in local markets. The same holds true for some of his other films that never made it to video, such as Telethon and Love for Rent.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 10:56:50 PM »
Thanks for this link, Criseyde. These captures were really fascinating to see.  I recall seeing a clipping about this project when I was looking through Mr. Selby's file some years back at Lincoln Center and being curious just what it was.

TV movies can be hard to lay hands upon, especially ones that were pilots for series never picked up.  I still wish Thayer's Nero Wolfe pilot movie would be released--it's one of his finest performances and deserves to be seen by his many fans out in DS-land.

One telefilm I've still been unable to find is The Two Deaths of Sean Doolittle, a 1975 production with Grayson and Diana Davila in supporting roles, directed by Lela Swift, and starring the talented character actor, George Grizzard.  I suspect that it was done on videotape rather than film as was the case with many other features shown in the series of which it was a part, ABC Mystery Movie.

I know this has been rerun in some markets because it's been listed in some editions of the Leonard Maltin guide.  I keep hoping someone out there will show up with a copy some day.

G.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 04:47:27 AM »
Thanks for this link, Criseyde. These captures were really fascinating to see.  I recall seeing a clipping about this project when I was looking through Mr. Selby's file some years back at Lincoln Center and being curious just what it was.

Glad you liked them. Amazon has the movie on VHS or DVD, but, if you just want to watch it rather than buy it, NetFlix carries it. They also carry a hard to find indie film that David's son Jamison did called One Take.