Author Topic: Jonathan Frid in SEIZURE  (Read 786 times)

ClaudeNorth

Jonathan Frid in SEIZURE
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:02:56 AM »
So, I was watching the bonus disc from the DEVIL DOG: THE HOUND OF HELL DVD set, which includes a gallery of Martine Beswick photographs.  DS geek that I am, I decided to browse the gallery for stills from SEIZURE and found the following, which I share with you.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Frid in SEIZURE
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
Nice picture Claude.  Jon always looked so different to me in this movie.  And that Herve Villachaise just creeps me out!    [nerv]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline nedstuart

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:09:33 PM »
Seizure seems to be pretty rare to get your hands on so any publicity stills that can be obtained are always interesting to look at. I luckily did get my hands on a VHS copy when a local video rental place went out of business.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
Seizure seems to be pretty rare to get your hands on so any publicity stills that can be obtained are always interesting to look at. I luckily did get my hands on a VHS copy when a local video rental place went out of business.

It is hard to find that's true.  I was fortunate as well to find it about 15 or so years ago on VHS at a local video store.  Wonder if they'll ever release it to DVD, after all, it WAS Oliver Stone's first film as a director.  Anyway, the film is way weird and disturbing to say the least.  Still, it IS interesting to see the Queen put her hand down the front of Frid's pants when she's trying to seduce him.  I'll bet his legions of adoring fans wished THEY could have played the Queen, LOL!  ;)  Wonder when Stone called CUT!   >:D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 04:53:42 PM »
I too am one of the lucky one's who has a VHS copy of Seizure.  It's a very disturbing movie.  On the whole, I give the movie one star.  But I would have to give Mr. Frid a four stars....cause he carried the whole thing.  If it weren't for him, we would have never heard of this movie.  Troy Donahue also has him moments.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.