Author Topic: New Nancy Drew Series Review References DS  (Read 754 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
New Nancy Drew Series Review References DS
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »
From tvinsider.com:

Nancy Drew (9/8c, The CW): Shredding another of my childhood icons, former Gossip Girl producers transform "girl detective" Nancy Drew into a sexed-up, back-talking snoop who comes off like a would-be Veronica Mars, minus the wit and with a ton of Scooby Gang in her derivative DNA. Call this "The Case of the Tired Clone." As titian-haired Nancy, Kennedy McMann brings some spunk and a whole lot of voice-over to the exposition-heavy pilot. This Nancy is an emotional mess, grieving a mother who died of cancer and left with an aloof lawyer father (eternally boyish Scott Wolf, who looks more like a potential date). And because Nancy whiffed her college applications during this dark period, she's stuck waiting tables in her summer resort hometown of Horseshoe Bay, Maine — which might as well be Castle Rock for all the ghostly and Gothic supernatural legends permeating the story. Nancy Drew in Dark Shadows I could maybe get behind, but not this strained whodunit in which Nancy and her acquaintances — including sex buddy Ned "Nick" Nickerson (Tunji Kasim) — become instant and unlikely suspects, causing Nancy to go rogue and break into homes (and, later, a morgue) to chase clues. I shudder to think of what could become of the Hardy Boys in today's culture.