Author Topic: More Grayson-art ;)  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
More Grayson-art ;)
« on: February 21, 2005, 08:26:30 AM »
Well, I've been at it...again...

This is kinda-sorta DS-actor related, so I hope it's okay to post here...  ;)

Well, I've been feeling a tad stressed lately (don't ask me why - It'd get OT faster than a jackrabbit on a hot date) , so I naturally incorporated some Grayson-goodness into a few school assignments... of course!   >:D   I mean, an ounce of Grayson a day keeps the head doctor away and all that good stuff...well, at least for me...well, actually  I think I'm the only one in my side of the state that thinks that, but I digress....  ;D

Okay, I'm just sending a little sampling of this and that, because #1 my scanners only <-------> yea big and #2 I didn't want it to get shrunk down to a size where you wouldn't be able to see certain detaillssss.  In other words, I tried to crop the vital parts.  [tasty]

This first one is part of an advertisement exercise.... a modern ad for Orbach's fashions?  LOL
I don't know - I was kinda happy with how it turned out, since the software can get kinda tricky...and I had to render the suits by hand and digitally at the same time.  Drove me nuts. LOL  ::)

This second one is a work in progress...going to be a oil painting of Grayson (actually this is supposed to be a likeness of her character Pepe in "Satan In High Heels."  I call it "goddess Pepe" because of the very stylized way I did the hair, etc...). This is a sketch done on the gesso surface before the paint goes down (why yes, I drive myself nuts by rendering things in detail when I don't have to *whenever* possible - LOL) Sigh...

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: More Grayson-art ;)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:39:17 PM »
Excellent job on the sketch! I only wish I could draw as well.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:27:22 PM »
The "Ohrbachs" ad is a hoot, Heather.  And the sketch is just gorgeous.  What wonderful attention to detail.  I'm sure that in oils it will be equally wonderful.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »
i love the "ohrbachs" ad too.it makes julia look like a paper doll with her own set of outfits.i think the royal blue version would have looked good on liz.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:13:49 PM »
I don't usually envy other people the things they have or the things they've done.

But I am always jealous of artists.  I'm one of those "can't draw a straight line with a ruler" types who stands in front of Art Museum exhibits and sighs loudly at the unfairness of it all.

That's quite the talent you have there, Heather.  And  how wonderful that you're planning to use your gift, instead of letting others convince you it's too risky an occupation to hope for.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:20:12 PM »

I love the Orbach's fashions!  That's great.  You are very talented!

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:17 PM »
HEATHER!!

You should design Julia paper dolls and outfits and sell them!
Maybe Barnabas and Quentin too!
Actually, you could design interchangeable outfits so that if people get bored, they could cross-dress the characters.    :o

-CLC
Who can't draw either
(doesn't know where do draw the line as well)   [lghy]   >:D   :P
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 06:25:11 AM »
HEATHER!!

You should design Julia paper dolls and outfits and sell them!

Might have to discuss that with a few cohorts...{cough} so many possibilities with that.   ;)

Maybe Barnabas and Quentin too!
Actually, you could design interchangeable outfits so that if people get bored, they could cross-dress the characters.

Only if you'll help me design their naughty underthings, my dear.  Gotta get those vital measurements just right, ya know? >:D

-CLC
Who can't draw either
(doesn't know where do draw the line as well)   [lghy]

I'll lend you guys my large, hard industrial T-square...helps ya draw the smoothest, straightest lines and also serves as a handy defensive weapon - never leave home without it!  {cackle}

I'm one of those "can't draw a straight line with a ruler" types who stands in front of Art Museum exhibits and sighs loudly at the unfairness of it all.

LOL  ;)

That's quite the talent you have there, Heather. And how wonderful that you're planning to use your gift, instead of letting others convince you it's too risky an occupation to hope for. ;)

Sniffle - that's one of the nicest things I've heard all week.  :-* Well, I made my mind up when I was around 3-4 years old... I drew a little picture of my mom in one rainy day and I just knew what I wanted to be when I grew up!   ;D  The DS obsession came later... LOL.

Anyway--thanks all -  You're much too kind!
Oh - funny side note about the Grayson sketch. So I was in class, paintbrush in hand when my teacher comes up behind me, commenting on the colors and asking me who I drew.... this kid that sits near me bellows "Lucille Ball, of course!"

{SIGH} LOL    ;D

Choking back a laugh, I proceeded to inform the uneducated on who it was supposed to be...

Tired hugs,

Heather  ::)

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 07:49:28 AM »
Terrific drawing of Grayson, Heather.  And the Orbach's ad was well done and funny.  Could you design a  set of identical, sleeveless, shapeless shifts for Vicki too? LOL.  No really, I am an artist and make a living through my art.  While nobody is throwing HUGE bucks my way, I'm quite content with my career.  I get to call the shots and if things don't go well, I have no one to blame except the bleary-eyed person who stares back at me from my mirror every morning.  You have tremendous talent and I heartily encourage you to follow your dream and not allow anyone to discourage you.  You go girl! [crowdhappy]

Countess (who never stopped drawing since she was old enough to grasp a Crayola)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 08:48:31 AM »
Amazing!!  You always come up with such good things, Heather!  :)
Josette

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:18:10 AM »
That is a great job.

FireRose

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 10:25:47 AM »
Heather,
You did a real nice job on Julia. Excellent detail. I love the stage and curtains in the background too.

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 05:01:47 AM »
Heather, I love your drawings. The Paperdolls idea sounds great, I hope you consider it. I'd love a whole set of the DS characters. I also think it would be great fun to have a Rocky horror outfit for the Barnabas, Quentin, and Roger dolls!

Misa

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 10:47:40 AM »
Brava, Heather!
And as for the JULIA Paper Doll collection, you can include wigs (per her many hairstyles), gloves, tweed and lab coats, nightgowns, purses, shoes, jewelry, two puncture wounds for her neck (for those of us who like to play "Tom bites Jooooolia after she dresses up smartly and runs dazed into the woods in search of some hot Jennings action")....

"Dress for your summoner," sez Julia Paper Doll. "Vamp for your vampire. Make him ogle your Ohrbach's."

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 01:10:13 PM »
Brava, Heather!
And as for the JULIA Paper Doll collection, you can include wigs (per her many hairstyles), gloves, tweed and lab coats, nightgowns, purses, shoes, jewelry, two puncture wounds for her neck (for those of us who like to play "Tom bites Jooooolia after she dresses up smartly and runs dazed into the woods in search of some hot Jennings action")....

Great ideas! And will you be my business partner in this venture, Sandor dear?  ;D  I mean, we'll have to make Tom and Chris dolls now... can't miss any important details or anything...  ;)

"Dress for your summoner," sez Julia Paper Doll. "Vamp for your vampire. Make him ogle your Ohrbach's."

LMAO - your posts are to LIVE for, darling!   :-* But who gets to play Julia, and who gets to play Tom...well that could have more than one meaning. lol I mean, could you see a group of us playing with DS dolls? Oh, the possibilities.... LOL

Thanks again guys... actually, a while ago I had the notion to make some Julia, Barnabas, and Tom/Chris clothespin dolls. [spoiler]That idea was inspired from the one episode in 1970 RT wherein a possessed Hallie and David, as per the ghosts orders, fashion a few different 'dolls' to smarten up the lovely Rose Cottage dollhouse. I loved that episode, partly because it was craft-time for the kiddies (I love arts n' crafts  ;D.) And so they eventually make a Carolyn and Barnabas doll out of layers of fabric wrapped about an old-fashioned clothespin...just add some fake hair, details with pens, markers and all that good stuff.  ^-^ I swear, it was the most adorable thing - I mean, they fashion an inverness cloak and made a point to include his pointy bangs and everything. Cuteness overload!  LOL[/spoiler]

Anyway - I got the materials to do that too, but I never got around to it (well, ya know - real life and all). But one day I'd still like to do that....some little tokens to dress up the computer desk and all. Inspiration to compose some fanfic, or whatnot {big cough}.   >:D

Hugs,

Heather