Author Topic: Collinsport Wishing Well  (Read 814 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Collinsport Wishing Well
« on: February 20, 2005, 11:05:52 PM »
Good Evening Cousins!

There is an old wishing well that has been found near Collinwood. Who would be wishing at the well? Who would be found making out in the forest of the wishing well?
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Collinsport Wishing Well
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:46:45 AM »
Wishing well ;D

Julia...obvious...

Prof. Stokes...for a new Jaguire!!

Carolyn...for a new 'do.

Ben...more rum!!

Elizabeth...for the nerve to 'off' Roger!

Roger...for the nerve to profess his love for Mrs. J!!

Quentin...that Amanda finally wouldn't find him!

Aristede...for the nerve to profess his love for Roger!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »
I believe that everyone at Collinwood would gather round, toss in a penny and wish they could finally UNDERSTAND![/font]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 04:51:04 PM »
I've recently seen the film COLD MOUNTAIN and I loved the way they used a well in the plot as an oracle of sorts. I think that concept would have fit very well (heh) on DS. Though I can't imagine Barnabas dangling Julia by her legs as she bends over baclwards to look into the well with a mirror to see the future. It would have been a fun landmark for the series and could have been used countless times in each time period.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 06:19:39 PM »
it is interesting that they never did use a wishing well as part of a story.they included just about every other gothic cliche'...locked rooms in dank basements,crypts,closed-off wings of decaying mansions.a wishing well could have made an interesting storyline.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 07:51:31 PM »
     They did have a wishing well.  Julia used to wash her face in it.  Maybe, she thought it was the fountain of youth. ::)
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 12:10:20 PM »
Though I can't imagine Barnabas dangling Julia by her legs as she bends over baclwards to look into the well with a mirror to see the future. It would have been a fun landmark for the series and could have been used countless times in each time period.

I don't know Dom - it might have been fairly dangerous for Julia to try this with Barnabas holding her over the well.  If a pretty woman under the age of 25 happend to pass I could see him letting her slide right into the well in an attempt to catch up with his next obsession.  I could just hear Julia just before he lets go..."Barnabas, Barnabas...I see a woman fallllllllllllllllllling."
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad