Author Topic: A missed opportunity?  (Read 718 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
A missed opportunity?
« on: August 22, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
Writer suggests in part that there should have been a Dark Shadows panel at this vampire convention to make it more complete and interesting.

http://www.artforum.com/diary/id=23520

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: A missed opportunity?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm of two minds here, Jimbo. One is that, yes, homage should have been paid to Dark Shadows and Frid's ground-breaking interpretation of the vampire as self-loathing and tortured, something that's been emulated ever since. However, it would appear, at least from the article, that this Vampire-Con was kind of a freak show. I'd rather see our beloved show and Barnabas treated with a lot more respect.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »
Interesting point Adamsgirl. I agree with the latter of course. I wonder if this will be its only convention.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »
Midnite and I were aware of Vampire-Con and we were paying attention to what might happen there. But the more we learned about it, the more it didn't look like it would be all that interesting or that DS would be a part of it - and like adamsgirl, the more we began to think that the latter wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But thanks for posting the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]