Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1139  (Read 1103 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1139
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1139
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
Strange to say, but Lamar seems on the verge of giggling, as he gloats and gloats and gloats again over his new, precarious engagement!   I picture two or three canary feathers sticking out of his mouth!   ***  Poor MM, having to ignore the dirt in his eyes as the mask is removed.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:18:39 PM »
Lamar I Love to Gloat Trask.

OK. So what is with the head? Did Gerard undo all of Julia's needlework and why?

Angelique ain't playin'. Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

I just came offa 3rd shift, so I'm not too coherant, but how many times must we hear, "Barnabas, Barnabas Collins"? How many Barnabas' live in Collinsport anyway?

James Storm is one skinny man. I think he's even skinnier than Selby. He should have gotten together with Twiggy. Twiggy and Stick Figure. Twiggy and Sticky.

Go to bed, Janet. You need complete rest.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
OK. So what is with the head? Did Gerard undo all of Julia's needlework and why?

Angelique ain't playin'. Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

I just came offa 3rd shift, so I'm not too coherant, but how many times must we hear, "Barnabas, Barnabas Collins"? How many Barnabas' live in Collinsport anyway?

James Storm is one skinny man. I think he's even skinnier than Selby. He should have gotten together with Twiggy. Twiggy and Stick Figure. Twiggy and Sticky.

Go to bed, Janet. You need complete rest.

I guess the explosion (was there one, or just fire?) blew Judah's head clean off.... I think J Storm is just a guy with an unusually large head-to-body ratio.   Was it Martin Short who pointed out that the actors who make it into films or TV tend to have unusually big heads?

"Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"-- I've gotta see that one sometime.

I hope you're sawing wood as we (I) speak, Janet.   I'm up but hope to be horizontal again soon.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
Barnabas has been a bad winner in the past, but Lamar beats him hands down.

Love love love Julia's flame-colored satin gown! Too bad Roxanne seems doomed to wear that awful orange thing forever.

Angelique/Valerie/Miranda--with so many names, no wonder she's cranky. And how does she keep her previous lives straight without a datebook?

Very, very bad news for Barnabas as Lamar and Gerard form their Unholy Alliance. Gerard seems to have no qualms whatever about helping himself to his dear friend Quentin's undoubtedly excellent brandy.

Large-head-to-body-ratio: Mel Gibson was shooting a movie in our neighborhood, and I caught a quick glimpse of him. He's shorter than he looks on screen AND his head was large in proportion to the rest of him. He also had a very peculiar rolling gait--he doesn't seem to realize he has hip, knee and ankle joints. I predict back problems, if he doesn't already have them.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »
I guess the explosion (was there one, or just fire?) blew Judah's head clean off....

EW!!

"Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"-- I've gotta see that one sometime.

I don't know if that film is available for rent, but you've got to see it. You'll never be the same again, my friend.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:29 PM »
James Storm may well have a large head, but that is still one skinny body we're seeing.

I have trouble believing that Gerard's bedroom is at Rose Cottage when it is so obviously 1897 Quentin's bedroom.  I have very little visual memory, but it does seem to me that the wallpaper is the same.  Maybe it was this room that inspired the Collinwood folks to use that particular wallpaper in Quentin's room later on.

Poor Julia, going to tell people - first Daphne and then Roxanne - what they should and should not do, and never improving matters.  As Roxanne declared her love to Barnabas in the drawing room, though, I thought to myself that the scene in the mausoleum between Barnabas and Josette in episode 418 was more gripping.

I wish Jerry Lacy hadn't left the show and that he had a played a character who was bosom buddies with Bramwell in 1841 Parallel Time.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:16:16 PM »
I wish Jerry Lacy hadn't left the show and that he had a played a character who was bosom buddies with Bramwell in 1841 Parallel Time.

That would have been hilarious!