Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1136  (Read 898 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1136
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1136
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »
Here comes Q1's favorite early 1960s romantic lounge music, or whatever style that is.   ***   The difference between Q1 and Q2?  Q1 has broader shoulders.   ***  Classic B-movie/TV lightning bolt!

All of the complex microsurgery needed to reattach the Head took place during that short scene where Q1 and Gerard were talking.   Staple gun?   Duct tape?   Image of Judah with mask being reanimated in blinding light with his body and hand motions, plus that music, creepy, though I hate always having to fall back on that word.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »
Too bad Q1 doesn't choose his friends carefully enough. But who knew Gerard was such a good sight-reader! Perhaps being a cocktail pianist was one of his previous careers. I assume that Daphne is using her real name and that Gerard is just phishing when he asks her about it. Is she already falling for Q1? If so, maybe that daggers look is her reminder to herself of her real mission.

I have long since become used to the idea that Julia can pretty much do everything. And she got Judah's head back on without having to change the poles from plus to minus and from minus to plus.  [wink2] But where did she get that modern stethoscope? Did she just happen to have it on her when she went up/down the Stairway through Time?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 05:07:27 PM »
What is this Q1/Q2 business?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
But of course Julia was able to put the head and the body together in no time flat!  Remember, this is the third time she's brought a patchwork of dead body parts to life.  She's a pro!  And I'm shocked that anybody would doubt that she could patch together a stethoscope as well.  Let's just be thankful she didn't decide to bring the stethoscope to life.

I was getting a nice Mr. Rochester/Jane Eyre vibe when Quentin and Daphne were talking in the drawing room.  And then she gave him the daggers look that DarkLady mentioned.  Daphne's quite a fast thinker, isn't she?  Today marked the second time that Gerard asked her question that should have floored her but she had a good comeback.

Janet, I assume that Q1 is 1840 Quentin and Q2 is 1897 Quentin.  I do think, however, that the labels could just as easily be the other way around.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »
Happy 6000, Lydia! 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »
Did you ever notice during the several different occasions we get to see the still dormant body of Judah Zachary, stretched out on the table, and with the Mask of Baal covering his face, that Judah appears to have a denuded hairline on the top of his head just like former NYC Mayor Ed Koch, and, yet, in one shot, Judah appears to be as bushy-haired as both actor John Travolta and the late Sen. Ted Kennedy?

I tell you, I thought for a moment that Dr. Hoffman's lightning-powered, mad scientist experiment had an unforeseen, serendipitous side effect/benefit, namely, a permanent cure for male pattern baldness!

Can you imagine how financially lucrative that medical breakthrough would have been for the good Dr. Julia Hoffman?  As I once heard a dermatologist say: "If they ever came up with an actual cure for male pattern baldness, I wouldn't have enough room in my waiting room for all of the men, clamoring for me to prescribe it for them!"

Just think how Dr. Hoffman could have expanded her medical facilities at Wyndcliff (sp?) if she now had untold millions to devote to her various and sundry research endeavors?  

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
Bob, I think there might have been some questions asked when Julia's hair patients started escaping from Windcliff.