Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0688  (Read 1313 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0688
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0688
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
I feel sorry for David, lying in bed sleepless thinking about Ezra Braithwaite, who had been so nice to him.  Was it because the drawing room was the site of Ezra's murder that David thought he could find Quentin there?  He thinks he can come to some sort of satisfactory ending to his relationship with Quentin.  He hasn't yet realized that he is Quentin's prey.

Ned Stuart was quite nice to Maggie, just as Jeff Clark was nice to Maggie on the day they first met, when Maggie remembered him from her Dream Curse dream.  I can see why Dan Curtis might have liked them together.

It's surprising that Quentin sent David to release the werewolf from the secret room.  The werewolf will surely kill David, and I would have thought Quentin had other plans for the boy.  Maybe Quentin thinks he'll be able to control David's ghost as easily as he can control David, or maybe David means less to Quentin than I thought he did.

If David is killed by the werewolf and becomes a ghost, whom will he blame for his death - Chris or Quentin?  Imagine the ghosts of Quentin's victims - Madam Findlay, Ezra Braithwaite, and David - banding together to destroy Quentin.  I don't think Ezra would be much use, though.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:44 PM »
I too thought that David would die and he must not be important to Quentin's plans anymore.  It must have been Amy's coming to Collinwood that set things in motion so she is more important than David.  If Quentin is so evil, then why does he want Chris dead or exposed.  One would think that he would want him to terrorize the countryside. 
I notice that there is now a light switch at the bottom of the stairs to turn off the torchere's.  It always make me wonder who was in charge or continuity of sets when something appears without explaination or disappears and objects from one room find their way into another.  I guess either Liz or Mrs. Johnson like to rearrainge the house quite often.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »
If Quentin is so evil, then why does he want Chris dead or exposed.  One would think that he would want him to terrorize the countryside.

Q's self-loathing?  He identifies with Chris because [spoiler]of the curse, and wants Chris destroyed for the same reason he wished that for himself?[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »
I notice that there is now a light switch at the bottom of the stairs to turn off the torchere's.  It always make me wonder who was in charge or continuity of sets when something appears without explaination or disappears and objects from one room find their way into another.  I guess either Liz or Mrs. Johnson like to rearrainge the house quite often.
I like the idea of Mrs. Johnson being a crackerjack electrician.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
Is there a milestone here? I'm thinking that, when David wrote the werewolf story while under the influence of Quentin, it was the first time someone wrote something while being "someone else". If that is indeed true, then here is the milestone. [milestone]

Although I like Roger Davis, I thought his character, Ned Stuart, was rather obnoxious and rude. A person doesn't have to be from New England to be wary of leaving a perfect stranger in the house.  I don't blame Barnabas and Julia for wanting to stay with him.  [santa_rolleyes] Ned was rather insistent, and should have decided to come back later. After all, it was the middle of the night!  [santa_tongue]

I guess Quentin didn't care if David got hurt or not, or why would he make him release Chris while he was a werewolf? [santa_undecided] Maybe Chris would have treated David the same way he did Amy, and not hurt him. [spoiler]I guess we'll never know for sure.[/spoiler]

I think Ned redeemed himself when he offered to help Maggie and wouldn't leave her alone. [santa_wink] David sure was creepy when he smiled after successfully hiding from them. [santa_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:57 AM »
Is there a milestone here? I'm thinking that, when David wrote the werewolf story while under the influence of Quentin, it was the first time someone wrote something while being "someone else".
I'm not sure.  Professor Stokes's hand was once guided by Ben Stokes, but that's not quite the same thing.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 06:19:21 AM »
Professor Stokes's hand was once guided by Ben Stokes, but that's not quite the same thing.

Since Lydia brought it up... When the Professor's hand was controlled by Ben, the resulting addition to the memoir was in Ben's handwriting.  Yet the story that David wrote while possessed by Quentin must've been in his own handwriting for Maggie, Julia, and Barnabas to not notice a difference. Can you say inconsistent?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 05:58:12 AM »
Perhaps Quentin's ghost would have protected David if David had released the werewolf from the room. I think Quentin still needs David alive a bit longer to complete his sinister plans.

I'm glad that Barnabas was able to deduct what David was going to do and went off to try and stop him.

I will say that for Ned, it was nice of him to offer to help Maggie look for David. I still don't like the guy though.