Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0646  (Read 646 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0646
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »
Robservations #646

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0646

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »
Joan Bennett VO... she says the ghost is from (over?) seventy years ago, and is vengeful.  Welcome, David Selby!  He gets two intro moments one right after the other, first from the side-back, and then he steps into camera frame, face fully visible.  Maybe they expected us to ooh and ah at the less direct view, then the full view was icing on the cake, too much to expect.  Selby towers over the children.  Welcome, Terry Crawford and Beth!  I remember having a bit of a thing for Beth in her ghost phase as a kid. 

David certainly believes that's Quentin's skeleton, and with the telepathy he seems to have with Q, David should know.  David sees his father as credulous and easily manipulated, it turns out, in his instructions to Amy.  Roger worries about Amy being a bad influence on David!  It's as if 1966 never happened...  It really, really looked as if Louis Edmonds fell down the stairs.  I mean, he was definitely there on the stairs, and went offscreen, downward, so fast that it's hard to imagine that he just ducked.  If some show business stunt was prepared, like a big mattress to fall onto, it was still a respectable stunt, and there must have been an edit.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
Quentin doesn’t say a word (and won’t for over fifty episodes). But then, he doesn't have to.

Beth is nearly as tall as Quentin. We will learn that her actual status in life was extremely humble, but she always carries herself as proudly as a queen.

This is when he and Beth bend the children to their will. The cast of this drama is now complete, and events will begin to unfold.

Once again, the kids pull the wool over all the adults' eyes when they lug Quentin's skeleton to the woods. David comments, His spirit is still alive, so there’s no need for a prayer. We'll return to Collinwood, play a while, and then get ready for tonight. Do you still not feel right about doing it? he asks. I'll do whatever you want, Amy replies. It's not what I want, David says, but what _he_--Quentin--wants. Do you understand? Yes, Amy says. Already fearful of Quentin’s wrath, David says, We don't want to make him angry, so we have to go through with it.

And yes, every time I've seen this episode it always looks as if Louis Edmonds did his own stunt--and very scary it is, too. Does anyone know if it was really him?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »
This is still quite shocking even knowing that David is possessed and that it is not the first time he tried to kill his father. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times