Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0644  (Read 1223 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0644
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »
Robservations #644

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0644

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:03:41 AM »
Not to be a wise guy, but for accuracy and all that, I'll say that I think your remarks are for #643, DL, good though they are...  I never thought of its being Magda warning the kids, but then we don't know about another female ghost yet.

So David, you can't let apparent threats like a grandfather clock almost injuring you stop you from getting to Quentin's room?  Why is that exactly?   When did this stop being fun and become a holy mission?  Is David under Q's control already, despite not being able to talk to him?   Some comeuppance for David, getting trapped in a West Wing room after having done this to Vicki early on.    Nancy Barrett's good.   She puts herself totally into things, such as her psychic dream about David and Amy being in danger.   Why was the unexplained name "Jamison" ghost-fingered onto Carolyn's mirror?  What about him?  By whom?   Too bad Roger doesn't tell us anything about his father, such as when he died.

Welcome, Quentin's favorite record.   Roger forgets about the Drawing Room secret passageway he used in 1966, but then I forgot he'd used it too.   Amy, clever plan for getting let out of the room by their elders, while still not being caught by them!   Too bad Q wouldn't allow it.   That door to Q's room should have been bricked up....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »
Gah, you're right, MT.  [snow_blush]

I think Magda wrote Jamison's name on the mirror, just as she tipped over the grandfather clock.

Yes, welcome, Quentin's Theme. It went to no. 1 on the pop charts and there was no getting away from it for a while.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
Gah, you're right, MT.  [snow_blush]

i can't tell you how many times I've done that.  I'll probably do it again tomorrow...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
Considering that she's the one who possessed Carolyn during the seance and issued a warning through her, I'm certain we're supposed to believe that Magda is the one trying to thwart David and Amy. At this point with what we know no other ghost would make sense.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
Darklady, I split out your thoughts for Ep #643, merged them with the topic for Ep #643, and deleted what you'd already posted there because what you'd written here was more detailed.  [snow_smiley]

But, everyone, please be careful to post your thoughts in the correct topic. Thankfully this time it was easy to move DarkLady's thoughts around. But most often it's not an easy thing at all. In fact, it's normally a nightmare for us to fix!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »
It's so hard putting yourself in the shoes of a new viewer after all these years. I just didn't think of Magda, because in my head, it's always Quentin and [spoiler]Beth.[/spoiler] For all I know, though, they could have been writing based on what they the writers knew was coming up, not what the viewers already know. That makes things more interesting...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
Though at this point and for the foreseeable future[spoiler]Beth is on Quentin's side and working with him - there would be no reason for her to be trying to thwart him.[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:54 PM »
Another note - but this time it's an administrative note and not one related to the storyline. Please do not use triple spacing between sentences. Rather than simply taking up 3 spots in the database, it actually takes up 13 (because in the database it's coded as "   "). And while that might not seem like much extra space in any given instance, over multiple instances in multiple posts it would develop into a huge amount of unnecessarily wasted space.  [snow_sad]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:03:26 PM »
Thanks for mentioning that, MB.  As long as I can use two I'm happy.  I've never understood people using just one, it's like there's no break between sentences... the eye needs a pause.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 10:12:45 PM »
Actually, we prefer single spacing between sentences because it only uses that one spot in the database, whereas double spacing uses 7 (because it's coded as "  "). We try to overlook double spacing from the members who use it - but only because the members who do use it are very few.  [snow_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »
Thanks and apologies, MB. Sorry to make extra work for you.

This is such a suspenseful time in the story!  [snow_cheesy]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
There is only one door to the West Wing? What about on the other floors? How about going in a window or door and Adam and his stream of visitors must have gotten in somewhere besides the locked upstairs door.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 07:32:39 PM »
It seems clear Adam had an exit where he could get in and out unobserved.  Quentin had a separate door to get into the West Wing.