Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0638  (Read 760 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0638
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Robservations #638

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0638

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:33 AM »
I've just finished posting a new batch of captures/set ups on the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" board to coincide with the appropriate scenes from this ep.  [snow_smiley]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
A boring episode. Vicki staggers back to Collinwood and is helped by Elizabeth. Julia goes to the cottage to find that Maggie (wearing a pretty pink nightgown) doesn't remember anything about Nicholas's satanic ritual. Julia tells her that he's gone for good. And here endeth the tale of Nicholas Blair and his attempt to create a race of superhuman devil worshippers.

A phone call from Elizabeth brings Julia to Collinwood. She is shortly followed by Maggie, then by Chris. Maggie chews Chris out for deciding to leave Collinsport. Then Julia tries to talk him out of going. I’m sure you'll at least stop at the hospital and say goodbye to Amy. It's better that I don't, Chris replies. I want an explanation, Julia says. I can’t give you one, Chris replies. Julia says, Do you  realize how much you mean to Amy? You’re her only living relative, all she has! Yet you're willing to walk out on her, is that it? I have to go, says Chris, starting to look desperate to get away. I'll still send her money. Julia pushes the cash into his pocket (great moment!) and says with marvelous anger, She doesn't need money! She needs _you_! I would like to stay and take care of her-- Chris begins. But you won't, finishes Julia. Why not? I can't go on any further, Chris says miserably. I have to go--and nothing you can say will make me change my mind!

Maggie tells Vicki she's sorry about Jeff. Vicki suddenly senses his presence in her room. Maggie, Elizabeth and Julia seem to be wondering if Vicki's hold on reality is slipping. Someone at Windcliff phones Julia to say that Amy has run away. Julia returns downstairs, but Chris is gone. Out in the woods, Chris runs like a hunted animal. He stumbles and falls, clinging to a rock for balance. The full moon shines through the trees. (It’s the second night.) He stares at it in horror.  Noooooo! he cries, but the word turns into a moan, then a howl. He gets to his feet and keeps running.

Julia has given Vicki a sedative, but she wakes up suddenly and finds the watch she gave Jeff. She is sure it's a sign that he is near. Elizabeth decides to go to the Old House to get Barnabas--maybe he can help Vicki.

Elizabeth walks through the woods toward the Old House. Although she is troubled for those she loves, she is the Mistress of Collinwood, secure in the heart of her domain. Suddenly she hears someone--or something--following her. Is someone there? she calls out. She gets no answer and continues on her way. She hears the sounds again. Who are you? she calls out. Who is following me? When she turns around, we don’t see what she sees, but we do hear it growl like some kind of large, savage animal. Elizabeth backs away, screaming in terror. Don't come near me! she cries, covering her eyes against the hideous sight....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 05:05:40 AM »
Vicki is in shock, over Jeff.  The camera has her in close-up as she staggers her way into Collinwood. then she faints.   It was almost funny though, watching ECS pausing in the foyer to adjust something to do with her mail or tea or saomething, with our knowing Vicki's on the floor a few feet away.   I wonder why they had her do that.   When the two talk, it's a rare moment when the normally out-of-the-supernatural-loop characters have to confront some supernatural matter head-on.   Vicki saying Jeff disappeared before her eyes, you can't just dismiss that.  Yet you can't accept it, either.  That feels very strange.   Uncomfortable cognitive dissonance.

Has Maggie heard about Mr. Wells' death?  She doesn't act like it.   Has anyone?   For awhile, until right now I guess, Vicki has usually been in bed these days, when we see her.   Liz about to be attacked by werewolf...   well, at least she won't be buried alive this way!

I missed Julia giving Chris's money back, that was a nice touch.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 03:57:06 AM »
New terror for  Vickie and those around her is the  VO and then she flops on the floor. Elizabeth is calling Julia  Dr.  Again. IT seems strange .  Elizabeth is going alone to the. Old. House. It can't end well.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 06:23:01 AM »
There seem to be some technical difficulties with your post, AD, as if something took a couple bites out of it...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor