Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0229  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Discuss - Ep #0229
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 02:13:19 AM »
Thanks IluvBarnabas and loril54, I think this is the first time we see Joshua really emotional.  He is one who changes during the course of the series, that is for sure!  LE is SO good in his part as Barnabas' father!!
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 02:39:24 AM »
I totally agree. As much as I love LE's portrayal as Roger, Joshua was my favorite among his many brilliant roles because he was the one who went through the most emotional growth throughout 1795. Also Joshua could be pretty dang funny. Examples: [spoiler]The family is sitting in silence at Collinwood after Millicent and Nathan's wedding. Naomi breaks the ice by saying "Joshua, I believe it's customary to toast the bride and groom." Joshua's response: "Yes it is customary, isn't it?" and says no more. Funny!

When Joshua confronts Angelique when he hears about her and Barnabas' engagement:

Angelique: I only want your approval, your good will.

Joshua: That you will NEVER have!!!

Angelique: I want you to like me...

Joshua: NEVER!!!!

Also last but not least Joshua is mad at Naomi and Abigail for eavesdropping on him:

"Can't I have a conversation in this house without all the women hiding behind corners listening to every word I say?"[/spoiler]

Simply put Joshua was Louis at his best IMO.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:18 AM »
Jackie ... and by the way I like you Ican. WOW.

I'm sorry, Ican?

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 06:32:51 AM »
Be sure to check out these (hopefully  ;)) humorous topics related to this episode:

From "Caption This!":

From "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)":
(none yet)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 09:16:25 AM »
I'm glad that Vickie was the one who brought up the similarity between Willie and Maggie's "illnesses".  As was mentioned before, It makes sense that Vickie would be the one to do it, because she's the connection between Willie and Maggie.  I like Vickie this way - it's too bad they "dumbed her up".  [sad3]

KLS did an excellent job of being "Maggie the Bitch" today.  The makeup job on her was great, too.  That "look" WAS pretty creepy!   [shkdg]

I mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating.  It's interesting the dichotomy between Willie and Maggie, due to the "influence" of Barnabas.  Willie went from a "bad guy" to a "good guy" - and Maggie went from a "nice girl" to a bitch.

I also really like Sam's fatherly concern for Maggie.  It's very touching.  [spoiler]It's too bad that David Ford had only about a year left on the show.  I hated it when Adam killed Sam.[/spoiler]

---- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
I mentioned this before, but it's worth repeating.  It's interesting the dichotomy between Willie and Maggie, due to the "influence" of Barnabas.  Willie went from a "bad guy" to a "good guy" - and Maggie went from a "nice girl" to a bitch.

I also really like Sam's fatherly concern for Maggie.  It's very touching.  [spoiler]It's too bad that David Ford had only about a year left on the show.  I hated it when Adam killed Sam.[/spoiler]

Interesting observation. I hadn't thought of it that way. What a lovely influence that vampire has on people. Willie was bad and became good, Maggie was good and became bad. Well at least temporarily.

I love Sam Evans too, actually, I think he's rather cute. And I utterly despise what happened to him, [spoiler]when Cassandra made him blind so she could take her portrait. It was one thing to render him blind for the moment to take it but she left him that way. I can't forgive her for that, I hate her for it. And I think it's one of the saddest scenes on the show when that poor man suddenly can't see. Not only did she make him blind she rendered him unable to make a living since he was a painter. But he was so kind to Adam and tried to help him, which was admirable, he didn't become embittered at his condition, but reached out to help another. I admire him for that.[/spoiler]

Alondra

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
I agree with you wholeheartedly, Alondra, on Cassandra.

[spoiler]In fact I think she's more to blame for Sam's death than Adam was.

Even though Adam was the one who caused Sam's accident, I think Sam could have recovered had Cassandra
hadn't found a way to make him have the dream. Poor guy just couldn't take all the mental torture that came with the dream and it killed him.

And then as if that wasn't bad enough, Cassandra the bitch wouldn't even let him rest in peace. She raises his ghost and forces him to tell the dream to Vicki. She does let him go back to his grave but not until she makes him do her dirty work for her.

People have said Angelique was at her cruellest as Cassandra....she certainly was when it came to poor old Sam Evans.[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
Click:
To remove a signature¢â‚¬¦

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 08:03:48 PM »
[spoiler]Not only did she make him blind she rendered him unable to make a living since he was a painter.[/spoiler]

That was exactly her point. She showed Sam that no one fiddles with her portrait and gets away with it. She told him she would leave him alone if he gave her the portrait because she had nothing against him - but when he wouldn't, she gave what she'd later termed "fair warning." In her twisted way, [spoiler]taking Sam's sight was exactly what she thought he deserved for daring to defy and "attack" her.[/spoiler] She's nothing if not a vengeful bitch, er, witch. [wink2]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 04:36:19 AM »
Maggie really goes through a roller coaster of emotions, from angry and rude to sad and listless. Poor thing!

Sam's concern for her is very well portrayed, and when she says in such a despairing voice that a doctor can't help her, it's so very sad.  :(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"