Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0926  (Read 1078 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0926
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:39:08 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0926
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »
Is that Josette's old secret panel?

[spoiler]As Maggie was poised with the candlestick, I remembered (or thought I did), Willie appears at this point!  Hooray!  Walk in and get beaned Willie, long time no see!  But they tricked me.  Poor Philip-- he tries his best to be a Leviathan who's responsible to his community, and this is the thanks he gets...[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »
[spoiler]Willie's return is a long way off. Though once he does return, he quickly becomes involved with Maggie in yet more danger. That's probably what you were thinking about and why you tricked yourself.  [snow_smiley][/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 05:47:47 AM »
The female Leviathan followers have more staying power than the male ones.  Megan remains convinced that the odious Michael is simply wonderful, and although Elizabeth couldn't bring herself to kill Julia, she believes that her inability was a bad thing.  Meanwhile the menfolk are, in true manly fashion, deciding that playing Indians to Michael's chief is no fun.

I said after Friday's episode that Vicky wouldn't have had any trouble getting out of the secret passageway, but now I'm having my doubts, and wondering if Michael has exerted some power over material things that made it impossible to find an exit.  I don't see why Michael should have that power, but neither do I see why it should be so difficult to find an exit.

When Maggie said to herself that David wouldn't have locked her in that room, I thought: "Yeah, right."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
Please don't ask me why, but during the first conversation in which "understand" was tossed back and forth, I started counting the number of times the word was used and got up to 9.  Apparently Gordon Russell's understanding (!) of why the Leviathan plot has started to crumble mostly has to do with whether or not the followers understand. ::)

But he did write a passable internal dialogue for Barnabas:  "Everything is getting out of hand. I'm losing control. I must find a way out of this. But how? Why is it there are moments when I doubt everything I'm doing, and other times when I'm convinced the cause is so right? How did I get to be this way? It began when I opened the box-- the Leviathan box. I surrendered my will. I can't go on this way, seeing people hurt, people I've known and loved. I must find the strength to fight this. I need time. I must stall everything until I find the answer."
I take back everything I've said in the past about Barnabas' reversion to good guy having been badly handled because it's totally making sense with this viewing.

Michael is diabolical in using Maggie's terror and sleep deprivation (both of which he caused in the first place) to set Philip up!

Flashlights, people.  Flashlights!  Hey, did anyone have a Navy p-coat too like Philip's or Michael's?

I wonder if a part we didn't see during Michael's overnight stay was of him sneaking into Carolyn's room and... nevermind, I don't even want to think about it.

The female Leviathan followers have more staying power than the male ones.

DS and its 1960s sensibilities were nothing if not sexist.  Thank the gods for what they did with Julia in this storyline.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:37 AM »
This time around, I see this time as when the Leviathans storyline starts getting good, not when it starts to fall apart... the Michael period that is.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
You wonder how many people are involved with them, the Leviathans.

I wonder if Nancy didn't want to wear the short skirts, maybe only Katheryn was the
only one that wanted to do it.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »
Women and girls were under social pressure back then to be in lockstep and all wear short skirts, then, in everyday life, not just on TV.   Women who liked longer skirts/dresses were going to be happier in a year or two, though...