Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1222  (Read 1008 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1222
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:58:20 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1222
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:50 AM »
If I were Morgan, I'd wheel in a whole lot of refreshments with me into the Room, and a temporary sort of mini-outhouse.   

That's all I got.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »
It bothers me that there is no family tradition for what to do while waiting for the lottery loser to finish his night in the Room.  Couldn't they stand outside the door singing Onward Christian Soldiers?  Granted, it hadn't been written yet in 1841 of our time, but I'm sure it's already wildly popular in 1841 parallel time.

It also bothers me that Morgan leaves the Room during his night there - because, of course, sneaking out the back door is just as much leaving it as is marching out the front double doors.  And, by the way, it's interesting that although Gabriel, in half an hour in the Room, experienced insanity-inducing terrors, Morgan just sat there for quite some time without anything happening.  It's a capricious Room, I guess.

Fantastic scene with Kendrick paying a call at just the wrong time.  And once again he has absolutely no clue as to what he's dealing with.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »
In PT, the upstairs parlor (I love that name!) seems to be a sort of "boys' common room" where the brothers hang out and discuss-- well, whatever they have to discuss. Mostly it seems to involve drinking. I also love that little pop-up liquor cabinet, which we've seen before, I think in 1970 PT.

Maybe Morgan figured that he ought to do some exploring while he was still alive and sane--and maybe get some kind of inside information that might help him break the curse. (Or maybe he was just hoping to find a chamber pot!) So much of the room's terror is its very arbitrariness. It kills some Collinses but merely drives other mad.

The scenes with Melanie and Kendrick are so sweet. Kendrick is so charming when he makes sure Melanie knows he plans on coming back, then they kiss good-night, just to keep in practice, I guess. He may have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure Julia has no idea that he's asking Melanie about her background either--something that I'm sure will prove revolutionary.

Poor Catherine is so ecstatic that Morgan is still alive that she doesn't even notice that he doesn't return her embrace--but Julia and Quentin do. And what an amazing declaration at the end!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
(Or maybe he was just hoping to find a chamber pot!)
Oh, I doubt it.  Morgan was so obviously constipated.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
Morgan was so obviously constipated.

Agreed...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor