Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0894_0895  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0894_0895
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 08:30:28 AM »
This is a weird one.  We're told that David and Carolyn are "pieces in an awesome puzzle," yet what we get from him are brattiness and spite, and from his cousin-- an apparent unwillingness to share her father with her mother and a preoccupation with curtains.  The voiceovers repeat that a horrific evil threatens the family, yet their conflicts seem to be the stuff of standard soap fare.  Yet at the same time, the proprietors of the village shop are literally being terrorized.

David:  "I snitched it."
Did we really say that back then?

Swaddling a feverish baby in a wool blanket?  That's about as brilliant as letting a vitally important book lie around where strangers come and go, or leaving the upstairs room (that you promised to keep hidden from prying eyes) unlocked and unguarded.

Maggie's redoing the cottage?  What cottage?  Will she live there?
The cottage that she and Pop occupied.  There are renters in it now.

At cairn... Philip:  "I've been this way a dozen times."   On fire?!
Snort.

"Log baby"... suddenly we're in Twin Peaks!
The Nagas are not what they seem!
Ha!

Actually we did get a brief look at the chair at the Old House, but I forget which episode.
As Lydia said, it's this one.  Philip carries it downstairs and sets it down in the Old House foyer.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
The only puzzle in the locale seems to be the one with all those missing pieces that David tried to hide Le Book in the box of....

David:  "I snitched it."
Did we really say that back then?
  Did anyone say that ever?  

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »
Yes, we did.  [santa_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
I just remember "snitching", telling on someone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »
That certainly must have been 60's language because I had never heard someone use "snitched" for "steal!"  [candycanes]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »
Never?  Gosh, I still sometimes use snitch for steal - or, more likely, to take sneakily.  If Mrs. Johnson were baking cookies, I might snitch some cookie dough while she was taking a cigarette break - or I might not, if her cookies were anything like her New England boiled dinner.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 12:57:01 AM »
Never!  However, that is what I like about DS it teaches me new things all the time.  Especially words!! :0)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 03:25:01 AM »
Is anyone surprised that David wouldn't keep his mouth shut about Carolyn and 'Mr. Prescott'? How many of us at his age wouldn't have sold out a younger or older brother, sister or cousin to keep ourselves out of trouble?

I think Carolyn, whether she likes it or not, knows she is going to have to tell her mother who her new 'beau' really , sooner than she'd like...surely she knows that Elizabeth or more likely Roger would have him checked on.

Barnabas indeed is very chilling in these episodes. I wonder if JF relished playing 'bad' Barnabas again...I know I relish watching him during this period.