Author Topic: Just a thought  here.....  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Kid_A_Grue

• Incestors?!?
    • View Profile
    • My Diary
Just a thought  here.....
« on: July 13, 2002, 10:27:01 PM »
I dunno why but I always figured Julia and Roger should have hooked up. They just seem like a good couple for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's because Louis Ecmonds was my fav actor and Grayson Hall was my fav actress. I dunno...

BTW-Check out my new pic!!

Kid A
I'm a reasonable Grue get off my case get off my case get off my case.  All your Base are belong to us!

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Just a thought  here.....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 11:06:28 PM »
I dunno why but I always figured Julia and Roger should have hooked up. They just seem like a good couple for some reason. I dunno, maybe it's because Louis Ecmonds was my fav actor and Grayson Hall was my fav actress. I dunno...

BTW-Check out my new pic!!

Kid A

You aren't the only one who thinks so...although I am a Barnabas and Julia aficionado (?sp), I like the pairing of Julia and Roger.  I've read some very entertaining fanfic on this very subject by our own Luciaphil. ;D  

MrsJ.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 11:54:15 PM »
I can't "see" it personally, but if it were so, the bantering between them could have been incredible (not to mention, hysterical). I can just picture them discussing one of Mrs. Johnson's boiled New England dinners at the dinner table.

Dom

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 12:12:10 AM »
Of course Roger and Julia would have made an excellent pairing.  In fact, the perfect thing would have been a lover's triangle including Prof. Stokes.  

They were the 3 wittiest characters on the whole show.  Scenes between the three of them might have read like Noel Coward!!

Frankly, I always thought Barnabas came across as dimwitted and effete next to either of those gentlemen.

(Hmmmm, am I going to be verbally caned for voicing that opinion?)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Melody

• Here for the Barnabas/Julia shipper fuzzies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 12:37:24 AM »
Always thot Eliot was a better Julia pairing than Roger, but Roger would be in the running...

If it wasn't for the categorical imperative, however, of Barnabas/Julia.   ;D ;)
"Fandom is for fun, as baseball is for sport.  Fans don't need lives anymore than color commentators need a career.  And we dress better, too."  Dr Lisa Vail, NASA

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 03:16:38 AM »
I think Roger and Julia would have been cute together. Joshua and the Countess played very well in their scenes together in 1795; Roger and Julia would be a hoot.  ;) Julia and Stokes would have been cute, too. Barnabus and Julia!!! No B-J!!  :P Ugh
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2002, 03:49:02 AM »
Frankly, I always thought Barnabas came across as dimwitted and effete next to either of those gentlemen.

Rainey

Rainey,

**CANE!!!** **CANE!!!** **CANE!!!** **CANE!!!**

However, having said that, you're entitled to your own opinion. ;)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2002, 04:15:05 AM »
Thank you BJ.....for agreeing I'm entitled to my opinion....NOT the caning  [lghy].

Besides, I can't be annoyed at the only person on the forum (I believe) who mentions Willie in their signature!!

Rainey   ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2002, 06:29:44 AM »

You aren't the only one who thinks so...although I am a Barnabas and Julia aficionado (?sp), I like the pairing of Julia and Roger.  I've read some very entertaining fanfic on this very subject by our own Luciaphil. ;D  

Why thank you ;) !!!

I would have liked to see some more scenes between Julia and Roger.  Might have been an interesting pairing on the show . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2002, 06:58:43 AM »

No, no. BUT Barney effete compared to those two??? Compared to Tom or Chris Jennings, sure. Compared to Joe, OK. I would call the whole trio you mention rather effete. Love Roger anyway, OF COURSE. I don't need an Adam to abduct me and play the caveman.

Personally, I vote for Julia and Professor Stokes if Barney can't see how wonderful she is.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2002, 07:01:13 AM »
...I always thought Barnabas came across as dimwitted and effete...

Barnabas?!

Dimwitted?!

Effete?!

The hell you say!!

;D
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2002, 07:22:42 AM »
Barnabas?!

Dimwitted?!

Effete?!

The hell you say!!

Thank You Scout75..you've said it all.  
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2002, 10:38:59 PM »
I think Roger and Julia would have been cute together.

That's how I feel Daphne!  I think these two would have been a hoot together.  On the other hand,  also thought that Julia & Stokes would be a good match too! ;)
"Calamity Jane"