Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0069  (Read 1141 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0069
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0069
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:18:41 AM »
So now the plot is on to plant Mrs. Johnson at Collinwood...I have to admit I do like watching Burke and Mrs. Johnson as allies in the plan to get behind the truth of Malloy's death. How clever of Burke to plant the idea in Carolyn's head to try and get her hired as the housekeeper...I just hate that he doesn't seem to care about stomping all over Carolyn, Vicki, Elizabeth, or even David, people who had NOTHING to do with the injustice he feels Roger did him. His 'everyone at Collinwood is fair game' attitude is wrong and unjust.

No matter how wronged Burke feels he was in the manslaughter case, hurting innocent people who had no part of it can't be justified by ANY means.

I am glad that Joe wasn't willing to walk off on his job just to cheer Carolyn up because she is disillusioned with Burke. If Carolyn had a job herself, she might realize that making a living isn't a privilege, it's a necessity for people like Joe.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:49 AM »
Thick-lettered DS logo I'm not used to seeing...  Maybe Mrs J is jealous of Liz.  Sounds like it.   I'm trying to imagine under what circumstances this Mrs. J could have brushed Carolyn's hair every night, when she was a child!    Maybe they were at a summer camp together or something...

[skelleton_runs] [skelleton_runs]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »
I have to admit I do like watching Burke and Mrs. Johnson as allies in the plan to get behind the truth of Malloy's death.
I'm afraid I don't enjoy it, because I don't feel that Burke and Mrs. Johnson are allies.  Burke's using Mrs. Johnson, and he'll drop her in an instant when she stops being useful to him.  Or anyway, that's how it appears to me.

Was that a beret that Mrs. Johnson was wearing?  It had the little twiglike thing at the peak - what do you call it?  It seemed awfully perky for our Mrs. Johnson.

Nancy Barrett put in a good day's work today!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 03:18:11 PM »
Burke certainly is not at his best today, even though he tells Carolyn she does good iin the world by just walking around and letting everyone look at her.

Nice work by Nancy Barrett, indeed!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »
Mrs. Johnson seems to be slightly off her rocker and obsessed with Mr. Malloy.  It's probably a good thing that Elizabeth hasn't left the estate in eighteen years and hasn't been around Mrs. Johnson, if Burke's plan to get her hired at Collinwood is to succeed.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »
Carolyn is the one that needs a job!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
Carolyn is the one that needs a job!

If Carolyn isn't already pitching in, when there's no housekeeper, then that's a really screwed up household...

[skull_winks] [8_1_203]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
In one episode Carolyn tried to make tea and she watched Vickie make her bed.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times