Author Topic: three gold keys and a monsters.did i get a good deal?  (Read 536 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
three gold keys and a monsters.did i get a good deal?
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:23:07 AM »
last weekend i picked up at the flea market three dark shadows gold key comics and a 'monsters'  magazine from 1974 that profiled vampires and featured on the cover barnabas and an article on the series.

i paid between five and six dollars each for them and they're in good(not mint)condition.does that sound like a deal?

the gold keys are,as everyone knows,super weird and bear no relation plotwise to what was happening on the program itself.among the plotlines "the sorcery of ancient egypt calls to barnabas-OBEY!" and "pirates who have the secret of eternal life condemn barnabas to ETERNAL DOOM!".yikes!

from what i can tell only barnabas,julia,quentin,liz,roger,willie and professor stokes make it to comic form.oh,and a red haired angelique often referred to as "cassandra".

the 1974 'monsters' article,written by a fan,contains the usual mistakes when the plot is being summarized in short form.among the more glaring errors are that,for the first several months,no one including the viewers,actually knew that barnabas was a vampire and that it was merely "hinted" at(ie.never appearing during the daylight,no mirrors at the old house)and that his first victim was carolyn(who,of course was not bitten until several months into the storyline)completely omitting the maggie evans plot the kicked the barnabas era off.

weird.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MaggieEvans

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: three gold keys and a monsters.did i get a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
OMG! I think you got a GREAT deal! I would have been just jumping up and down if I was able to get any of those! I have a few Marilyn Ross DS books, but I have been always wanting to get my hands on some Gold Key comics! And the magazine is certainly a keeper!

Great job finding all the stuff!
Have you ever had the sensation of being stared at? Like somebody was staring at you and you couldn't see them? Because I just had that feeling now. Somebody was looking at me. Looking right through me.