Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0944  (Read 1558 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0944
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0944
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:05 AM »
Werewolf ponders relative merits of eating a flower vs. going out for a night on the town mauling people, decides the latter is more "him".   Exit wolfman singing "I Gotta Be Me".   In my head anyway.

Bruno loiters outside shop for a minute before coming in.   Jeb explains that werewolves are the Leviathans' most ruthless and cunning enemies.   I fail to see the "cunning" part.   Lisa Richards' reaction to seeing the unused flower is heart-wrenching.   It's so instantaneous.

The Jeb part of the storyline is a letdown, after the (ironically?) more adult Michael part.   Maybe it'll pick up after the Todds get back.   The most interesting stuff may have gone on between them.

Jeb and Bruno consider that Ned may be the wolfman... it comes and goes fast.  So Ned's still at the Inn... he was "away for the night"...

What a line: "Don't worry-- You've got Bruno!!!!"   Beans spilled to Jeb on phone, about Carolyn at Ang's...  end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »
So Ned's still at the Inn.
Yes, that surprised me.  I don't like Ned Stuart (does anybody?) but it would have been interesting to see him now, interacting with a fully recovered Sabrina who refuses to put Chris Jennings behind bars, and who also (presumably) is no longer willing to be pawed in Ned's oh-so-fraternal way.  It might be fun to see Ned and Jeb engage in a contest to see who can be more unpleasant.

I enjoyed seeing Jeb practically in tears at the thought of the werewolf.  Chris Pennock did a nice, convincing job on that.

Why on earth didn't Angelique take down that ghastly portrait of her before Elizabeth and Carolyn arrived?  They saw it often when Vicky owned it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Not only that, but didn't the name Angelique come up a lot early in the 1968 story?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 06:47:08 AM »
Yes, that's right, Vicky talked about Angelique a lot.  But given the Collins genius for denial, it would never occur to Elizabeth or Carolyn that the Angelique they met in 1970 could be the same person as an Angelique who, if Vicky's obviously delusional story was to believed, lived in 1795.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »
I enjoyed seeing Jeb practically in tears at the thought of the werewolf.

Yes, isn't it interesting that, despite his huge bravado, Jeb can be instantly reduced to nothing more than a scared little boy:

Pathetic!  [sad3]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 05:39:26 AM »
2/5/70
Blooper:  One can see Michael waiting to come into the shop.  I think that the Wolf Vs Leviathan this pretty interesting considering whole Twilight or Underworld stuff.   Lara made laugh my head off when she screamed.  That was funny for some reason. 

Servants at Collinwood Barney, what servants??  I never seen them! 
I like Lara's braids as they are very flattering! 

Jeb sure isn't liking the wouldn't such a tough guy anymore are you?   
“It’s hard to tell in a village like this what is legend and what is not!”    Truer words were never spoken Barnabas! LOL

Lisa Richards was waiting for her cue.  How funny…We got a glimpse of the stage. LOL 

It's been said a million times but Robert Cobert’s music is fabulous.  I really hope that Johnny has him score the film.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:57 AM »
“It’s hard to tell in a village like this what is legend and what is not!”
Yes, that was interesting, wasn't it?  I eventually decided that Barnabas wasn't talking about Collinsport in particular, but rather about small villages in general, where rumors run rampant, because, as far as I can tell, Barnabas is like everybody else in the show in believing that there's nothing strange about Collinsport.  If they believed otherwise, then surely they would quit the site and have it designated a nuclear waste dump - or maybe they wouldn't be that smart.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
Did this ep set a record for most movies ripped off?  Much has been said in fandom about the flower legend taking its inspiration from Werewolf of London, and since the poem from The Wolfman was presented here with only minimal alterations, not to mention that the wolf's aversion to silver also came up, I can't help but wonder how they missed showing the panicked Jeb draped in wolfsbane.  But then, Sabrina's declaration that she's somehow special-- the only person that Chris in werewolf form won't harm, and the only one that can save him that night-- had me thinking why does that sound familiar?  But then I remembered Cristina in Hammer's The Curse of the Werewolf, fiancee to the cursed Leon.  Now I haven't seen it a few years, but as I recall, as Leon waited alone one night for the moon to rise and as he felt the transformation coming on, his beloved Cristina showed up and ignored his pleas to leave, and because of what happened next, Leon came to believe that Cristina was the only person who could help him.  Cristina/Sabrina, is that a coincidence?

And in the midst of all this Collinsport craziness, Barnabas answered a call from Angelique and suddenly we're in I Married a Witch.

What did seem unique was Jeb's claim that if a werewolf is killed while in human form, he would become an animal forever.  Then if you were to cut off Chris' hand, would it turn into a paw?

The way that Jeb described the long-ago Leviathan/werewolf conflict made the werewolves sound like a race, perhaps one that could change back and forth at will?  I don't know, but it didn't sound like the cursed humans that we've seen on DS.

Beans spilled to Jeb on phone, about Carolyn at Ang's...  end.

I'd forgotten that a big clue is given in the ep about the caller's identity.

Why on earth didn't Angelique take down that ghastly portrait of her before Elizabeth and Carolyn arrived?  They saw it often when Vicky owned it.

But what would she tell Sky to explain its absence?

Lara made laugh my head off when she screamed.

Don't you mean Lisa?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 01:48:14 AM »
Yes Lisa Midnite.  I am sorry you are forevermore having to correct me.  Hopefully I am getting used to this new medication that sometimes makes my head fuzzy!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/