Author Topic: Most romantic DS moment....  (Read 679 times)

IluvBarnabas

Most romantic DS moment....
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:54:27 PM »
What was your favorite love scene between any two characters?

I have several candidates on my mind but the one that always sticks in my mind was the scene between Leticia and Desmond [spoiler]in his prison cell just before he's about to be beheaded along with Quentin. The two of them saying the wedding vows to each other, just the two of them, it's so sad and so romantic at the same time.[/spoiler]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Most romantic DS moment....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 04:27:31 PM »
Just about any scene between Bramwell and Catherine (not the ones where they're arguing though).

I especially like the scene where [spoiler]he locks the two of them up in that back room at the Old House (episode 1202) and then forces her to admit she still loves him.  Then of course they.....[/spoiler][santa_azn]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:37:12 AM »
I find the tragic, vengeful moments of blind rage romantic, such as Barnabas shooting [spoiler]Anglique and her cursing him.   Her getting shot by Trask right after Barnabas's confession of love.[/spoiler]

And yes, I do have to fight them off with a stick, if you have to know.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:02:42 AM »
What was your favorite love scene between any two characters?

I have several candidates on my mind but the one that always sticks in my mind was the scene between Leticia and Desmond [spoiler]in his prison cell just before he's about to be beheaded along with Quentin. The two of them saying the wedding vows to each other, just the two of them, it's so sad and so romantic at the same time.[/spoiler]

I love this scene too, it always makes me cry. I also love the earlier scene where [spoiler]Desmond confesses his love for Leticia and they kiss. It's when he has been shot while escaping prison and is being cared for in the fishing shack or whatever it is.[/spoiler]

I also love a scene in 1897 when [spoiler]Charity/Pansy is having a dream in which she and Quentin sing "I wanna dance with you" (David Selby and Nancy Barrett sang together and they really sounded great) and dance and kiss (WOW) but at the end of the dream he turns into Petofi! Well that dream was great til that moment anyway lol![/spoiler]

I thought it was romantic in 1795 when [spoiler]Peter told Vicki he would find her through time, just as she was going to be hung. Though I dislike Roger Davis I tolerated Peter better than the others, and his love for Vicki was real.[/spoiler]

I loved also how [spoiler]Willie carried a torch for Maggie throughout the show. It's hard to pinpoint any specific scene because most of their scenes together were not romantic, but you knew he loved her. The time Barnabas conned him into thinking that Adam might kill Maggie if Willie didn't help with the experiment to create Adam's mate, so Willie had to go out and dig up cadavers, though it made him sick to do so, he did for Maggie though she could never know. It was out of love though she never returned his love[/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:06:38 AM »
To me, I'm with the scene where [spoiler]in 1840, Barnabas finally admits that he loved Angeique through all those years. What was even more poignant about it was, he was just about to tell her he loved her, but she died without hearing it.[/spoiler] That tore my heart out.