Author Topic: Unusual Autographs  (Read 1938 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Unusual Autographs
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:10:58 AM »
I know most fans just get the autographed photo of their favorite stars but have any of you ever got something really unusual or strange autographed? If so what? What did the person signing say about it?
May you die before you want too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Unusual Autographs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
I have several drawings I'd done of the various DS characters and asked the actors to sign them. My prize is one I did of Willie and Maggie. Both John Karlen and KLS signed it. The other one I treasure is the drawing I did of the Blue Whale. I have several autographs on that one. And then there is the one I did of Quentin dressed in an old style bathing suit, holding a beach ball. I asked Old Man Selby to sign it, "Greetings from Coney Island - love and kisses, Quentin" - and he did! Hee hee hee. I'm sure he thought I was nuts.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
I'm taking a copy of "The Malleus Maleficarum of Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger in hopes of have Jerry Lacy sign it. For those that don't know The Malleus Maleficarum was a professional manual for witch hunters. There was a time when nearly all judges had a copy. I was thinking of having him write "Burn one for me! Reverend Trask" - Jerry Lacy.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
The Malleus Maleficarum was a professional manual for witch hunters.

Thank you for finally clearing up something about the original Satan's School For Girls. Near the end of the movie [spoiler]when Kate Jackson's character Roberta has been exposed as a member of the coven, she tells Pamela Franklin's Elizabeth that Roy Thinnes' Dr. Clampett is actually "Malleus Maleficarum, the Hammer of Witches."[/spoiler]I had no clue what that was really a reference to because I'd never heard it. I knew it was related to Satan, but beyond that it went completely over my head. But now, thanks to you, I finally know the actual reference.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »
...there is the one I did of Quentin dressed in an old style bathing suit, holding a beach ball. I asked Old Man Selby to sign it, "Greetings from Coney Island - love and kisses, Quentin" - and he did! Hee hee hee. I'm sure he thought I was nuts.

I've been off the board for a while and have been playing catchup on the old topics.   [laughing4]  I think I remember seeing that drawiing -- did it appear in an old WODS by any chance?  I KNOW I've seen it somewhere! Would have loved to be a fly on the wall watching you get that signed.

As to getting odd stuff signed, I did that at my first fest.  I'd gotten a used 1897 concordance (might even have been from Petofi, if memory serves me correctly 4-5 years down the road), and decided to bring that along for the autographs.  Don't particularly care for signed photos, I always prefer books when possible.  So, I have an 1897 Concordance which at this point has been signed by just about everyone who comes to fests who has been in that storyline.  LOL you could tell that some of them had NO CLUE what I was handing them or why I wanted it signed!  Especially since I had each of them sign next to an illo of their character. [diablo]

Weirding out the actors can be SUCH fun...

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 01:22:53 AM »
I got one of Jerry Lacy's photos and a poster of "Collinwood" signed then said "Now I see what kind of sense of humor you have." I have him my copy of The Malleus Maleficarum to him and asked if you would mind signing it. He looked at the front and back, flipped through it, then looked up at me and asked "What is this?" I explained as quickly as I could. He then asked "How would you like it signed?" I said "As Rev. Trask and I'd like you to put something like "Burn one for me!" He laughed and said "Now that's funny, I like that." He then asked if he could sign the front. I said that would be great.

I didn't think a "sharpie" would smear but whatever, I'll know if there's a next time. Truth is I like it on the front. Here's a photo of it, I hope it's big enough.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »
I think I remember seeing that drawiing -- did it appear in an old WODS by any chance?  I KNOW I've seen it somewhere! Would have loved to be a fly on the wall watching you get that signed.

I can post it here if the lovely moderator will allow. Better to forward it to Midnight and then she can post it. I'm not at all technical.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.