Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0060  (Read 1174 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0060
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0060
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
No announcer in the chalkboard bit at the beginning...   So the accident victim was named "Hansen".   Did Betty Hascombe die in childbirth, after leaving Collinsport, a newly-made friend dropping V off at the home?   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »
So David's tidal chart turned out to be pretty accurate after all.

The portrait of Betty Hanscomb has always reminded of those long-ago Breck shampoo ads.

Once again, Sam lies about the accident--just before Burke shows up.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
This would be just one of many confrontations between the sheriff and Burke over Malloy's death. Does the sheriff REALLY believe Roger and Sam? Officially he'd probably have to since Burke has no proof that either of them are lying, but I still wonder what old George thinks might have gone down between Burke and Roger...and now Sam.

I really like the blossoming friendship between Maggie and Vicki. It's nice that the show still maintained that friendship all throughout the show even up through the Barnabas storyline.

But Sam really hated having to talk about what supposedly happened in the manslaughter case with Burke and Roger. Sam maintains that Burke really couldn't know himself that he did NOT hit the man...does Sam really believe that? I lean towards no...Sam is trying to convince Maggie and Vicki that Burke probably did do it, but I think he's really trying to convince himself, and not succeeding.

So now Burke has joined the party...this probably won't bode well for Sam.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:45 PM »
Vickie finds the picture at the Evans' that looks like she, but curious Maggie has never come across it before or Sam not thought that Vickie looks like someone he used to know?  Sam reveals his version of the manslaughter case and then Burke reveals his version.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
This is still only day 4 or day 5, right? So it might not have occurred to Sam earlier that Vicki looks like someone he knew 20 years ago. Besides, he's had a lot of other stuff on his mind. Maybe he had the picture in deep storage, so it's possible Maggie had never seen it before.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »
Day 6 according to Luciaphil's idle thoughts.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
Yes, Sam was so consumed with worry about Burke coming back that he wouldn't be thinking about the resemblance between the new girl in town and Betty Hanscom who died 25 years ago, even if he did quite possibly sleep with Betty.  I think Betty died too soon to be Vicky's mother, though.  I next wonder if 25 years approximates downward to 22, but Sam said he knew Betty before he knew Maggie's mother.  How old is Maggie?  Definitely older than Carolyn, but as old as Vicky?

Sheriff Patterson talks too much.  I wince every time he says that Bill's watch stopped at 10:45.  Incidentally, was Bill the sort to keep his watch running five minutes ahead to make sure he made it to appointments on time?

No Collinwood scenes today.  It was all the Evans cottage and the police station.

I keep trying to imagine the days when Roger and Burke were drinking pals.  It's sad when a friendship dies.  But was it that much of a friendship, if Roger was willing to shove all the blame for the hit and run accident on Burke?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »
Can there be worse dinner party conversation than the details of a fatal accident?  Maggie must have no filter between her brain and mouth.

Maggie to Vicki:  "When I write my autobiography, I'm going to name you the champion potato peeler of all time."
My Cookbook Memories of Dark Shadows, published by her own Potato Press.  We'll keep our eyes peeled for it.
Sorry!  Sorry!

Vickie finds the picture at the Evans' that looks like she, but curious Maggie has never come across it before
Maggie said she'd been aware of it as long she could remember.

or Sam not thought that Vickie looks like someone he used to know?
And knew intimately!  So I think that's the $64,000 question, though I like DarkLady's explanation that Sam has been preoccupied because of Burke's return.

Lydia-- Maggie is supposed to be 23, Vicki 20.

(It's neat that Ellen Burstyn shows up in a vintage Palmolive commercial during the ep.)

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
Wow, Maggie is supposed to be 23? I had no idea she was older even than Vicki. That makes her five years older than Carolyn.

I guess the orphanage put Vicki to work in the kitchen too. Imagine peeling enough potatoes for those other 129 kids.  [ghost_grin]