Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0577  (Read 861 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0577
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »
Robservations #0577

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0577

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 02:13:14 AM »
We see Tony Peterson again, after what seems like ages. [spoiler] Don't get used to him, though. After the next episode we never see him again, although Jerry Lacy does stay on as the Trask men, Gregory, PT Trask, and Lamar. [/spoiler]

Elizabeth believes that Richard Garner is avoiding her because he believes her to be too unstable. Did she ever thought to contact Frank...or does she believe he might feel the same as his father? Or perhaps she's thinks Frank's presence would bother Vicki since she's now with Jeff. [spoiler] Hey, we never got so much as a goodbye scene Frank and Vicki! Did they part on good terms or was it bitter? [/spoiler] Or perhaps Frank ended up [spoiler] wandering into a Parallel Time of his own, never to be seen again. [/spoiler]

Hey, this is DS after all! Anything is possible.

Carolyn is upset that her mother seems to be getting worse. She gets annoyed that Adam can't seem to grasp that getting a doctor for her might not necessarily do any good, but apologizes to him for hurting his feelings. However, that's nothing compared to his reaction when he watches her from the window out on the terrace with Tony.

Carolyn urges Tony to do whatever Elizabeth wishes him to. They talk about the old times, before Cassandra came along and threw a monkey-wrench into their relationship. They embrace and kiss. This upsets Adam. After Carolyn goes back into the house, Adam sneaks behind Tony and strikes him down.

Really....I know Adam still has strong feelings for Carolyn, but he is getting the mate he wants from Barnabas and Julia....so why the hell so should he get so violent towards Tony, especially since the reason Adam wants a mate is because he feels Carolyn will never return his affections?

Good to see Tony again....but I still can barely watch Elizabeth's fear of being buried alive story.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:53:31 AM »
Whoever makes the black afghans caters to the humble and well-to-do both.   Maggie and Liz both have one.   Last mention of R Garner?   I suppose Tony's a good choice for Liz... if anyone's willing to oppose Roger it's Tony.  Tony really should zero in on Liz as the enemy, though, since it's her business.   

Adam's likeable in the scene with Carolyn, though full of himself.

[skull_winks] [skull_winks] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:01:48 PM »
Last mention of R Garner?

[spoiler]Actually it isn't the last mention of Garner as he apparently made up with Liz.  He is reffered to in a couple of much later episodes.  It's actually Tony who is gone after the next episode and mentioned rarely afterwards.[/spoiler]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »
Adam teases Carolyn by pretending not to remember her name, but then she has to talk fast when he starts to think that her mother has harmed her.

Adam knocks poor Tony out when he spots Tony and Carolyn making up their differences in the age-old manner.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:24:46 AM »
In the reenactment of the scene, Elizabeth's door is closed and Carolyn comes in and then shuts it.  There is an afghan on the bed.
The whole Elizabeth needs help conversations seem strange given that Julia is her doctor and living in the house and said it would be fine if she stayed there. Elizabeth has a beige phone in her room instead of the basic black everyone else has.
I love that Elizabeth has thought of all the possibilities of being buried alive and will have air vents and a buzzer in the coffin with a quick release lid. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 07:28:30 AM »
quick release lid, lol, I hope she holds the patent to that!