Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0527  (Read 947 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0527
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:28:09 PM »
Robservations #527

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0527

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »
Is it possible that Peter Bradford [spoiler]has taken over the body of Ned Stuart and just believes he is a man named "Jeff Clark" resulting from his amnesia?[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
Good idea Joeytrom... Did [spoiler]Ned also have some missing time, though?[/spoiler]

Maybe it was Quentin's button Vicki found on the ground, where someone threw it after [spoiler]Jenny pulled it off....[/spoiler]  Wasn't Jeff in a three piece suit in Vicki's bedroom last episode?  Good to see Adam starting to articulate.   I forgot about Jeff identifying Adam.  Good idea, Jeff suspecting that Lang made Jeff too.   So Nick brought Ang's portrait to town in the first place!

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
So, Winters & Clark decide Blair & Blair are an evil threat. I like it. Clark confronts & threatens Blair then leaves Vicki alone in the house with the double threat <head-scratch>. Stokes gleans from Adam the duplicity of Barnabas & Julia in Adam's history. What he'll do with that info is anybody's guess at this point. Clark visits Stokes for a session and Stokes (not Clark) ends up benefiting from said session learning the astonishing secret of Adam's existence. Stokes is shocked to learn Cass is back. I guess it's not absurd that Stokes knows she's missing but I don't remember him finding out on air. So that scene kind of hit me sideways. I've probably forgotten. Interesting that Clark can't remember back past Lang. Anyone think Stokes was testing Blair accusing him of selling the portrait to the dealer? Maybe his bringing the portrait to Collinsport was the way he helped her before as he mentioned previously? I guess straight forward witchery is boring -witches & warlocks just wanna have fun? Stokes warns Vicki to leave Collinsport so she wont have the dream. You'd think by now that everyone would know better.

Vicki looks good in dark blue. At least they didn't have Clark say, "Yes, yes, I'd recognize Lang's stitching anywhere!" Nicholas' widow's peak is growing. Stokes needs a haircut.

What did you think about Adam thinking it was Barnabas at the door? I was impressed by that. To me it represents Adam's still not fully developed brain. That because he was obsessing on Barn at the time he would think it was him at the door. I know I'm making a lot out of nothing but the writers have the character say it so I'd love to know why.

I'm looking forward to a good tit for tat between Blair & Stokes - I hope it happens - it ought to be awesome.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:55:03 AM »
In 1968 I would have tried to follow Stokes eye glass and try to hypnotize myself, lol.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 03:02:43 AM »
No, Jeff's wearing the same clothes in last closing and this opening.

I thought Nicholas' widow's peak mysteriously appeared this ep but I went back and it's been there all along.

Back to sloppy end credits.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 04:46:58 AM »
What did you think about Adam thinking it was Barnabas at the door? I was impressed by that. To me it represents Adam's still not fully developed brain. That because he was obsessing on Barn at the time he would think it was him at the door.

I actually thought something similar.   He must have a very short attention span.  What's in front of his nose at any particular moment is the only real thing to him, probably.   He doesn't know the world doesn't work that way, yet.   He doesn't see much order or sense in anything around him, and doesn't realize his impulsive assumptions come from himself, and don't tell him things about reality.   Barnabas is the subject in his head just then, so who's at the door?  Bartnabas.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
Good thoughts about Adam's idea of who is at the door.

Interesting business with Vicki and Stokes when he comes to Collinwood. Vicki is waiting anxiously when Stokes arrives and explains that Jeff doesn’t know who he is. With great courtesy and gentleness, Stokes rebukes her in the mildest possible way for putting pressure on Jeff, whatever his past might be. In any event, Stokes really came to see Julia. Vicki inadvertently gives him the shock of his life by casually mentioning that Cassandra told her earlier that Julia had gone out. To Stokes's dismay, Vicki tells him Cassandra’s "Philadelphia story." While Stokes is still recovering from this staggering news, Nicholas walks into the drawing room, and Vicki makes the introductions. The two men fence carefully. We’ve met before, Stokes says. I was at the antique shop when you sold Angelique’s portrait to the owner. Nicholas denies it and leaves shortly after. The portrait of Angelique is in its original state again, isn’t it? Stokes comments rather than asks. He doesn’t even need to see it. Surprised, Vicki says it is.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 04:39:11 AM »
Even with Jeff's diminished brain, it would seem obvious not to confront Nicholas and let him think no one was on to him. Adam tells Stokes that he knows Barnabas and the story of Adam falls into his lap. Jeff learns nothing of his past.  I was wondering why not use Julia to hypnotize, but nobody knows of her talent as they all have forgotten.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times