Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0517  (Read 982 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0517
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
Robservations #517

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0517

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »
Sam Evans woo-hoos and whoa-ho-hos his way through his Dream.    Poor Sam is forced to care more about telling Vicki and dutifully passing the Dream Curse along, than he cares about his own suffering and [spoiler]impending death.   That's what's disturbing about all this.  I resent the fact that they're battering and killing this good character, who was with DS from the beginning, for the sake of such a lame storyline, the Dream Curse I mean.[/spoiler] 
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
I see your point, MT. What the writers are making Sam do just doesn't make any sense at all. I did prefer the original Sam Evans, who was much more philosophical. But maybe DF just wanted out of the show.

Sam wears his dark glasses even while he's in a coma and in his hospital bed. Maggie and Joe reconcile at his bedside.

Sam insists he has to tell Vicki the dream. So Maggie very sensibly calls Stokes (she asks for Collinwood 572), who tells her to keep Sam from telling Vicki the dream, then hurries the hospital. But Joe goes to Collinwood and gets Vicki.

At Collinwood, Cassandra brings a lighted candle to the drawing room window and commands Sam not to die until he has told Vicki the dream.

Unfortunately, Vicki arrives at the hospital before Stokes does. Sam begs her, Please let me tell you the dream so I can die in peace. She refuses to believe Sam is going to die, but seeing how he is suffering, she complies with his frantic request. All right, Mr. Evans, she says, tell me your dream.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
Sam wears his dark glasses even while he's in a coma and in his hospital bed.

LOL DL, I didn't think of that!   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »
Moltke OVO - instant comfort.

Cass survives. Too bad. Barnabas Collins will be destroyed? I'll let that one go. Nice to see Vicki again - Hair up. It seemed weird that Cass would walk in with her purse. Vicki is standoffish to Cass - good. Shouldn't somebody find it strange that Cass is hovering over Sam Evans all the time? Sam looks f'n ridiculous. And his glasses are too small for his head. Why do they do this continuously on this show, wtf? Crothers & Scott - good job in the hospital scene. Cass is on to the Adam/Barn connection and I guess we get something by Sam falling off before Cass gets anything out of him. That's one cheer better than Vicki being rude. Witches drink coffee. Ford does pretty well with the dream. You'd think Sam would be amazed that he can 'see' in the dream, but then again, maybe it is more realistic for him not to realize that he can see or at least 'know' who is beckoning him. And Vicki  is certainly head & shoulders above all the other beckoners. They finally got that right. By Jove I think this is the best dream they've done. I'm really impressed. Ford is superb. I guess he decided to go out with a bang. Scott looks fab in black. My MPI VHS video jumps/glitches a lot after the dream sequence - Extremely annoying. I guess we really shouldn't be surprised that Vicki shows up to hear the dream. I honestly thought that Stokes ended the Dream Curse. I have to admit that I am glad I don't remember how the Dream Curse plays out and so I am eager to find out. Everyone did well in this episode. The MPI home video commercial is jumping too, so it's the tape. Stupid MPI, lol.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 07:14:37 AM »
I'm sure Sam can see in all his other dreams, too, so he shouldn't be surprised.   Dom, since we had such totally opposite reactions to Sam's Dream, and I respect your opinions very much, all I can do is remember, well, that I never really ever thought life was consistent or added up or made sense in the first place, so I should stop expecting it to!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
I was so enthralled by your sympathy for the character's disloyal treatment that I didn't even realize you were making fun of his dream performance.

Hey, if we don't inspire each other to think, what good are we, or this 'project'?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
I really thought this might be the end of Cassandra, but she manages to save herself from the flames which logically she should not if burning is the way to kill a witch.
All I think of is the title of a song without lyrics called. "Sam in a Coma with Dark Glasses" when I watch this episode.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »
I think Lucy in Disguise With Glasses has lyrics, you just can't make them out, at least I couldn't!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
Good Point [ghost_smiley]
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times